ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

You settled there, you take the responsibility mod

dainsgames

Don't know if the title is right, but basically I don't want to have responsibility for settlements' happiness. And that includes Sanctuary with those weirdos just moving into my dead hometown not an hour after I last saw it alive.

I do want to use the workshops if I fulfill their requirements, and I don't mind doing things if I choose to, like setting up defenses, getting water going, etc. But that's if I choose to, not because strangers I just did a favor for suddenly expect me to fix up their lives for them.

Maybe the Local Leader perk should be needed to take the responsibility? that way it's the player's choice.

Interesting mod, I like the approach. But, I'm much happier Lone Wanderer mode. I like alternative start mods like Live Another Life because it gives me maximum freedom to do what I want (instead of forcing me to be the "hero" of the story. Bleaachhh, too much cheese.)

So when I find places and help people, like Finch Farm, I really don't want the game to just assign me the responsibility for their futures, and blame me for their unhappiness. I don't want to be forced to scavenge resources and cart t hem around to build water pumps for total strangers who I just did an errand for, know what I'm saying?

I thought of just not opening workbenches, but the game auto-assigns the settlements to you when you complete their mission, whether you searched the workbench or not :\

Sadly the Settlement system is quite as optional as we were all led to believe. While you can ignore it - it doesn't stop the fact that it's still there and that it is always reminding you that you're ignoring it.

Here's an idea:

Make a mod (I can't do this) where you don't see any settlement stats or have to deal with their happiness or radiant quests, etc. For balance, the catchside to this could be that you won't be able to order them around (like say order them to farm or man their defensive posts) BUT once you take the Local Leader perk everything will go back to normal, you will see the settlement stats, you can order them around, and etc.

Thanks for reading

help them, kill them, open wb, problem solved

I skip helping them and just kill them and take over the settlement myself. Or kill them and leave. One less settlement to micro manage.

Here's an idea:

Make a mod (I can't do this) where you don't see any settlement stats or have to deal with their happiness or radiant quests, etc. For balance, the catchside to this could be that you won't be able to order them around (like say order them to farm or man their defensive posts) BUT once you take the Local Leader perk everything will go back to normal, you will see the settlement stats, you can order them around, and etc.

Thanks for reading

yup that would do it for me too.