ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[LE] SetRace, some help please.

dePog

Hi Guys,

Was hoping someone might be able to push me onto the right path. In the Burning Skies mod it completely changes the players body from human to Dragon using SetRace (and other scripting). So I know that the player can be given a completely different body, head and hands. I would like to do something similar with my mod, Tiefling. As a Tiefling he / she cannot enter towns without being attacked so I have a morph spell that allows them to change into human shape. My Tiefling race is based on the Lunari race as a foundation.

Currently I just have a tail and horns that get removed for this morph, but I would like to make a complete race change so that the Tiefling version has a different texture and mesh to the human form. I have experimented with "setrace" which does make the body and hands change textures and meshes, but the head does not change. Also, this only works if I make the race change to a standard race, such as going from from Lunari to Nord. It doesn't work if I try to change between two custom races, such as Lunari to Temptress, Ningheim or Epic Elves.

The reason I would prefer going between two custom races is so that I can make their textures and meshes completely different from NPCs.

Another thing I have noticed when using setrace is that when my Tiefling morphs back from Nord to Lunari she has double of everything (spells, weapons).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers,
dePog

Also, this only works if I make the race change to a standard race, such as going from from Lunari to Nord. It doesn't work if I try to change between two custom races, such as Lunari to Temptress, Ningheim or Epic Elves.

I experienced the same. My solution was to make two actors with the races I need and then using a spell to change the whole actor with a script, disabling and enabling like it's needed.

Also, this only works if I make the race change to a standard race, such as going from from Lunari to Nord. It doesn't work if I try to change between two custom races, such as Lunari to Temptress, Ningheim or Epic Elves.

I experienced the same. My solution was to make two actors with the races I need and then using a spell to change the whole actor with a script, disabling and enabling like it's needed.

That sounds good. :) Would you be able to paste in the script that changed the actors please?

Create your two actors with different race and put them into a cell. Check the box disabled at the one that should not appear first. My example is a simple one assuming you are using a magic effect attached to a spell for changing the actor, but you can use every event that fits your needs:

ObjectReference PROPERTY YourFirstRaceActor Auto
ObjectReference PROPERTY YourSecondRaceActor Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
  YourFirstRaceActor.Disable()
  YourSecondRaceActor.Enable()
endEvent

Create your two actors with different race and put them into a cell. Check the box disabled at the one that should not appear first. My example is a simple one assuming you are using a magic effect attached to a spell for changing the actor, but you can use every event that fits your needs:

ObjectReference PROPERTY YourFirstRaceActor Auto
ObjectReference PROPERTY YourSecondRaceActor Auto

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
  YourFirstRaceActor.Disable()
  YourSecondRaceActor.Enable()
endEvent

Much appreciated. I will try it out :smile:

Cheers

EDIT: I presume I would have to teleport actor "A" to the holding cell, disable her, enable Actor "B", then teleport "B" back to wherever "A" came from?

EDIT EDIT: Is this going to work seeing that the actor I am changing is the main Player actor? Also, in the script's properties what do the ObjectReferences "YourFirstRaceActor" and "YourSecondActor" link to? In other words what "Object" is your main character?

Oh I'm so sorry, I read it wrong, you want to change the player's race? Alright, look in ck at Brelyna Maryon, mages quests ID: MGRAppBrelyna01.

She turns the player into a horse, a cow and a dog. Look at the necessary scripts. Good luck.