Skyrim Expansion?

TheStoneSoldier

Any general talk about the Skyrim Expansion thats supposed to be coming out sometime in the near future.

Now, I heard that this expansion is either Oblivion stuff again, or Morrowind. Now I heard the Oblivion thing from a friend who saw a video somewhere on youtube where a guy noclipped through some of the moutains, and saw the basic textures for an Oblivion gate, but hell, idk. Now, the Morrowind thing I have heard from multiple sources around the internet. Saw some stuff on youtube and from bounding around on google. Apparently if you find this certain path that leads out of Skyrim, you are able to see the old mountain from Morrowind, but its not for sure. But why would creators go out of their way to actually texturize this stuff? Yup.

This stuff was talked about a lot when the game first came out. I think it's kinda old news now and the consensus is that they put those things in there so that when you where exploring along the boundary of the map you could still see distant objects and the world didn't just stop.

I don't ever recall hearing that any expansion or DLC was coming soon. In fact I would bet it would be quite a while before anything comes out and that it will probably have nothing to do with Morrowind or Oblivion.

Of course I could be wrong.

See thats what i was saying. I mean i honestly cant see them doing Morrowind or Oblivion stuff (Even though they were both amazing). But i heard somewhere that Morrowind was torn apart by war, along with Orismer, so I dont see any point in those places. Im just really curious to the new DLCs for Skyrim cause ive had my fun modding it (Not many good mods i like to much, no offence to anyone) and ive beaten the hell out of the game about 3 times lol, once for each class.

This stuff was talked about a lot when the game first came out. I think it's kinda old news now and the consensus is that they put those things in there so that when you where exploring along the boundary of the map you could still see distant objects and the world didn't just stop.

I don't ever recall hearing that any expansion or DLC was coming soon. In fact I would bet it would be quite a while before anything comes out and that it will probably have nothing to do with Morrowind or Oblivion.

Of course I could be wrong.

I suppose we will have to wait and see. I'm thinking about the time any expansion is released is going to be around the same time we start getting some really good (and big) mods. Probably not until the end of the year.

Though in truth there are some mods out now that I really like and a few more I'm watching until they get all the glitches worked out.

Oh and yeah Morrowind is supposed to be mostly destroyed now because of the volcano so I doubt it would be an interesting place for an expansion. Though I guess the area close to the border of Skyrim might not be destroyed.

Idk why lol, but ive always wanted to visit some of the Elven places... even though it might not be that interesting lol. My friend has high hopes that they do something with Dwemer but i keep telling him its not going to happen lol. Or at least I cant see it happening.

High Rock?

Although I've always looked at this map - http://videogamewriters.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/800px-TamrielMap-570x411.jpg and thought there was a lot of Skyrim west of Markarth that doesn't appear in game.

This floating island thing could come into play if it hasn't already. No idea this is my first ES game.

I really really don't want it to be like Fallout though where you go through a door, play x amount of hours and come back with a new weapon or some armour etc.

I want to see actual changed and improvements/addins to the current map and areas to enrich the day to day playing of the game.

At first Beth said they weren't going to do actual expansions for Skyrim and that it would have DLCs similar to Fallout. Then a month later (still pre release) Todd said they would like to do actual expansions as well, but didn't know if they would or not. I can guarantee two things though, it wont be a province of Tamriel, nor will it be somewhere we went to before (per Beths own words).