Odd bug, game acting like I'm walking in water

jaitsu

So after completing the college of winterhold faction quest and handing Ancano his annoying elf ass, I went up to check out the arch-mage quarters briefly. After doing so, I have no discovered that no matter where I go or what I do, the game thinks i'm walking in shallow water. In other words, every step I take no matter where I go in skyrim is accompanied by a splash animation at my characters feet and the sound of splashing as I walk.

Some google searching has shown that some people get this if their frames are going above 60, but I have v-sync enabled and use steam to monitor my framerate constantly so I know I don't go over 60, and as said previously, it wasn't happening before I completed the college of winterhold and became arch-mage.

Has anyone else experienced this?

is it cured by fast travel?

Unfortunately not. I attempted to test if that would work by fast traveling to whiterun from winterhold and the bug continued. I also attempted saving and reloading and even then, no luck.

Loading any previous save, even before completing the college, has it still occurring. Starting a new game does not, so until I can figure out the problem I guess i'm abandoning that character. Unfortunate, it was a really good one.

Edited by jaitsu