Copy/Paste in Nifscope

envyme

has anyone yet figured out how to copy and paste branches in nifskope? i have still not figured out how to do it.

i am trying to combime different armors to make one armor. So NiTriShape branches. they always say that it cant find the parent node so it cant copy over. i have tried change the parent node by right clicking and selecting to Edit String Index and changing it to the matching parent node, but it usually always has some other issue like it doesnt have neck or hand or something like that. so i tried just copy and pasting the NiTriShapeData onto the other meshes NiTriShape. It appeared to work in NifSkope but will crash the game when I start. Please help me

It will not work anyway, or if you will get in trouble in game. You can copy static nitriShape and materials, but if you copy a branch like NitriShapeData or, just copy and past over with skeleton, it will not work or it will, with wierd effect.

The main problem is, In game every nif files with orphan vertex, block, skeleton, textures, and bad vertex number, bad material flag or type, skeleton will or can crash the game.

The best way to do it is to merge thing in max or blender and export it in one clean file.

Also note if you copy a shape branch, some time you get inversed polygones, even if you update tangent space.

• 6 years later...

Right click block, Copy Branch, then paste at end. It creates a new object instead of using the same data that causes errors, then re-copy this new one and paste under the main object. You will have to use transform and edit the item again unfortunately but you won't get conflicts.

Delete the first copied version at the end that isn't part of the main object.

Edited by jlox