About Akavir ...

Flemming

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but I'm very very curious ...

The continent of Akavir, as far as I can tell it's never been depicted in any TES games. There is some foggy lore on it ... have Bethesda every said anything about depicting it in any future TES games? It sounds so fascinating ....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if Akavir decided to invade again right now they'd probably succeed without much trouble... especially since the Tsaeci are implied to have the Voice as well.

about akavir there are some paradoxes. like in here it says every mer in akavir is eaten by serpent vampires. but in the history of blades that you can find here it says they originally were dragonguards from akavir.

The term "ate" does not necessarily mean they physically ate all the humans, it could very well, and given the presence of men from Akaviar it is most likely true, that the term "ate" meant they consumed the Humans culture and people into their own.

it was metaphor.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

• 2 weeks later...

Let's not forget that The Neravarine is on Akavir somewhere.... How do you suppose he would be depicted? I would assume a Dunmer male.

they would never depict Nerevar.

I'm confused. Who is "they" in this debate?

I agree with the OP that travelling to Akavir could be a breath of fresh air for the TES series, if done right (all the races we've come to know and love would have to be included, so the devs would have to develop the lore in such a way that their presence makes sense). However, Bethesda has never suggested in any way that they plan to include the continent or its peoples in any future game or expansion. So far, the only influence Akavir has really had on the TES series is historical, unless you include ancient relics or the imprint they left on the Blades.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Argonians were originally native to Akavir, and crossed the ocean sometime in the distant past. I base this theory on the fact that all the races known the inhabit Akavir fall into the category of "beastmen", as well as the Argonians' location in the east of Tamriel (Akavir is said to lie across the eastern sea) and their cultural and physical dissimilarities from any other race in Tamriel. This is just speculation, but I think it's well founded. Thoughts?

Edited by JanusForbeare

I agree with the OP that travelling to Akavir could be a breath of fresh air for the TES series, if done right (all the races we've come to know and love would have to be included, so the devs would have to develop the lore in such a way that their presence makes sense). However, Bethesda has never suggested in any way that they plan to include the continent or its peoples in any future game or expansion. So far, the only influence Akavir has really had on the TES series is historical, unless you include ancient relics or the imprint they left on the Blades.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the Argonians were originally native to Akavir, and crossed the ocean sometime in the distant past. I base this theory on the fact that all the races known the inhabit Akavir fall into the category of "beastmen", as well as the Argonians' location in the east of Tamriel (Akavir is said to lie across the eastern sea) and their cultural and physical dissimilarities from any other race in Tamriel. This is just speculation, but I think it's well founded. Thoughts?

They is Bethesda, they would never depict Nerevar so that they don't invalidate someones race/class/gender choice. Nerevar will always only be called Nerevar/The Nerevarine/the Hero and other neutral names.

Secondly the Argonians were created by The Hist, and The Hist are only known to live in Black Marsh. Though there is a Hist offshoot that lived on Umbriel.

Edited by sajuukkhar9000

I've never seen any lore stating that the Argonians were created by the Hist. Everything I've read simply states that the two races have a strong connection and have developed a somewhat symbiotic relationship - something that occurs in nature all the time without the two species involved necessarily being related.

They is Bethesda, they would never depict Nerevar so that they don't invalidate someones race/class/gender choice. Nerevar will always only be called Nerevar/The Nerevarine/the Hero and other neutral names.

Secondly the Argonians were created by The Hist, and The Hist are only known to live in Black Marsh. Though there is a Hist offshoot that lived on Umbriel.

Several things wrong with this.

1: "they would never depict Nerevar so that they don't invalidate someones race/class/gender choice". Except for the fact that they have already done so. The Champion of Cyrodiil is in Skyrim, and he is an older Imperial gentleman.

2: I was referring to The Neravarine, not Neravar Indoril, who has definately been defined as a Chimer in lore.

3: Argonians were not created by the Hist. They simply have a symbiotic relationship with them. Hist are trees, and are not intelligent.