We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Adding Standalone Assets to NPC's in a Village Mod

RadoGamer

Hey People I hope all are having a good Summer, the title sort of says it I have a community mod I inherited and have been working on it for a while.

One of the things I want to do is add standalone assets from Modders that have given me permission to use. Right now all the NPC's created reside in the esp file and there is no BSA. When I go to the folders, the NPC are not present as actors or Characters so I assume they are using the standard actor assets in the data folders. I was wondering after creating the needed assets in the CK , then after adding the assets in the data folder, if I open their id files individually then point them to those assets, will that work?

If it does then I know those folders become part of the mod and have to be either added to a BSA or used as loose files in the archive for use or porting. I'm understanding this right? I guess I just needed clarification.

I know it sounds a bit confused, but I'm doing this and working on a fence outside at the same time on my breaks so going between cerebral and physical has my bicameral mind flipping around like a fish out of water.

Thanks

• 3 months later...

Never mind figured this out and have been working on adding assets to NPC's within the main village mod. Creating folders with the assets and assigning them to the NPC's within the mod attaches the assets to the primary mod upon saving this and then become part of the whole mod. IE if you want to add standalone hair to your NPC's you just treat them as though they were an independent follower and add the assets, once done you save and everything becomes part of the village, you could have a whole community with Apachii hair or CBBE or UNP bodies within the primary community mod.