question about leveled items & smashed/bashed patches

irswat

http://i64.tinypic.com/2nbrsld.jpg

the plugin on the far right is my smashed patch. noticed not all leveled items are carrying over to the smashed patch. does this mean that i need to manually drag them over into the blank spots in the smahed patch in order for them to be in the leveled list? smashed patch is loaded last btw. is there an automated way to do this? i just did all the creature leveled lists and it took several hours. i think the weapons and items are much longer.

When you say 'smashed patch' are you referring to the 'bashed patch' created by Wrye Bash? If so, leave it as is. WB handles leveled lists better than xEdit. What you are seeing is the results of the DeLev and ReLev tags from WB.

Most likely the author of the 3rd plugin from the left intended that their changes supersede the original record and assigned bash tags accordingly. In further explanation: note that the later loaded plugins (on the right side) have unedited entries in the leveled list (denoted by the grey text), these were ignored because they are identical to the original record and subsequently bypassed by the bash tags assigned to the that third plugin (tag use can be confirmed by looking at the description in the header section of the plugin). Furthermore, you can also note that the added entry by one of those plugins on the right did indeed get merged.

Hey Ishara! Smashed patch is from mator smash, better than wrye bash. It supports like 29 different bash tags, alot of the ones the WB doesn't support for skyrim. I think the above picture isn't a good example. I was doing leveled creatures and many of the monsters from monster mod don't end up in the smashed patch. I was wondering why after 600 or so hours I have never seen a cyclops, for example. So I dragged over from the various plugins whenever there was an empty leveled creature entry into the smashed patch. I just encountered my first scorpion in game and I think it's because of fixing the smashed patch. I'll try to take a better pictures tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to up this again. I really want to understand, if I create a bashed/smashed patch that contains leveled lists, are these leveled lists the only ones used, and if so must I manually carry over leveled list records that aren't in the patch if I want to see them in game? In the above example would steel swords be in the game? For whatever reason they are not carried over into the leveled list for the smashed patch, do I need to manually carry them over in order for them to appear in game leveled lists?

The last loaded instance of the leveled list record gets used. So if the stock steel sword has been removed by an overhaul mod that intends to replace it with a combination of long and short swords in the Nord style and your patch does not carry forward the stock steel sword into the leveled list record, then the stock steel sword will not be present in the game.

If you want them (which may defeat the purpose of the overhaul mod installed), then you will need to manually drag them over to the list on the patch's record.