Thoughts on Steam Forum and the new beta patch

M0rningLightM0untain

Although I have mixed feelings about the Steam Workshop, and I certainly have no plans to use it as a mod manager, there may be a silver lining here. Bethesda has always "supported' the modding community, and by that I mean ALLOWED mods to exist, and even encouraged their creation.

I saw some things in the release notes of the new beta patch that made me realize that the Workshop may actually be forcing Bethesda to truly support these mods. By that I mean addressing some of the issues with mod conflict-ions, disabling/enabling of mods corrupting game saves, and load order issues.

The following may just address the workshop itself... or maybe not:

" Fixed issue with downloading mods when you are subscribed to more than 50 mods

Fixed crash when loading a subscribed mod that has been removed from Workshop by the author

Mod load order functionality"

This looks the most promising:

"Fixed occasional crashes when loading a save that relies on plugins/master files that no longer exist"

LINK TO PATCH NOTES: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1219106p1.html

There may be a benefit to all us Nexus folks, here. Thoughts?

They should also have added the option to unsubscribe to a mod from the launcher. Now if you delete a mod in the launcher the game will simply re-download and install it. So you have to unsubscribe from it by going to Steam workshop, finding the mod and then unsubscribing. Or you can just deactivate the mod and just leave it there but I like things as clean as possible