Why does my Skyrim run so bad?

GetShr3ked

I have been playing Skyrim for a while now and I have always had a problem where in the cities and the towns (especially whiterun), my fps drops like a rock, from about 80 to 26 whenever I am inside a city. I have an AMD Radeon 470 4GB GPU, and AMD 8320 8-core CPU, so theoretically I should be able to run Skyrim perfectly. I have installed the ENB and the Skyrim Memory Editor to make sure that Skyrim isn't limiting any of my computer's potential. There are some mods like the Skyrim Mesh Improvement Mod and Noble Skyrim 2k that might've been the issue but I've disabled both of them and the game still runs like this. I have tried the lowest settings on EVERYTHING and still, same issue, with nothing other than a couple frames different. While in caves and such, my fps goes to a solid 144 (I limit it to 115 though because the water will start glitching if I don't). Any suggestions, anything I might be missing? Please help, I have just dealt with it before because I only go to Whiterun to craft things but now with Bruma out, I need to get this fixed.

P.S. I am uploading a picture of all the mods I have installed that might be causing the problem, again any help would be much appreciated.

from about 80 to 26...my fps goes to a solid 144 (I limit it to 115 though because the water will start glitching if I don't).

You should ALWAYS enable VSync so your fps never exceed 60fps! Otherwise weird things will happen to your game. Enable it and see if you still have problems with fps drops.

And neither ENBoost nor the Skyrim Memory patch will make it possible that Skyrim can use all of your PC's potential. They improve the stability and performance significantly but there are still limits.

i'm getting fps drops and fps freezing with enb as well

it could be something dodgy in the recent enb patch

you could try using an older enb patch

also get cleanmem it helps with memory too

Edited by skannerz22

from about 80 to 26...my fps goes to a solid 144 (I limit it to 115 though because the water will start glitching if I don't).

Â

You should ALWAYS enable VSync so your fps never exceed 60fps! Otherwise weird things will happen to your game. Enable it and see if you still have problems with fps drops.

Â

And neither ENBoost nor the Skyrim Memory patch will make it possible that Skyrim can use all of your PC's potential. They improve the stability and performance significantly but there are still limits.

I tried this and I can't tell any difference, same thing every time. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game back but it just doesn't want to work for me.

I tried this and I can't tell any difference, same thing every time. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game back but it just doesn't want to work for me.

it's enb related i got the same problem like i already told you

but there is a modified version of enb some shadow patch it optimises shadows and increases fps slightly you will have to search it your self i can't find it

Edited by skannerz22