⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Modding Skyrim on Mac

Ossuras

1.) Download file

2.) open the file, (usually an .rar file) with an app like unarchiver (it's free).

3.) locate the .esp file. Copy the file name (will need it later).

4.) drag and drop the .esp file, as well as any meshes or textures into data (if you already have a texture or mesh folder then drag the contents and put them into the preexisting folder)

5.) finally go to c_drive/program files/the elder scrolls skyrim/%userprofiles%/local settings/application data/skyrim there shouldn't be anything in this folder. Open textedit and go to format then select "make plain text." Then it should read like this

skyrim.esm

[paste the .esp files]

[next .esp file]

[next .esp file]

then save the file in that folder as Plugins.txt

every time you add a mod it's important to hit enter and insert the next mod on a different line

*now can anyone help me install calientes on mac?

*now can anyone help me install calientes on mac?

Replacers, (like CBBE) are what the OP was having problems with to begin with. These mods generally don't include a plugin as the game's code is set up to look for and automatically use replacement resources located in the game's file structure in place of resources packed into .bsa archives. The ones that do include a plugin generally only use it for a bug-fix of how the game handles replacers in the first place (for example, replacing the mesh for Stormcloak armor will break the region-specific colors of guards in Stormcloak Armor. This requires a plugin to fix).

Basically, to my knowledge, noone has cracked how to get replacers to work properly on Mac. I will say that with the 1.5.24 patch, when the game loads these replacers was altered so it may be worth your time to make sure your game is updated.

Edited by MShoap13

• 6 months later...

Then it should read like this

skyrim.esm

[paste the .esp files]

[next .esp file]

[next .esp file]

should it look like:

skyrim.esm

modname

OR

skyrim.esm