Cooking Skill?

ChromeWarriorXIII

I've been thinking for a while now that it would be really cool to see a cooking skill with its own perk tree. This was intensified by the fact that I'm now roleplaying a character that doesn't use potions, only food.

You gain XP in it by cooking and (significantly less) by eating food (be it raw or cooked).

The perk tree could go something like this:

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m329/error_on_page/CookingSkillTree.png

1. Chef (0, 20, 40, 60, 80)

Lvl. 1 - Cooked food is 20% more effective

Lvl. 2 - Cooked food is 40% more effective

Lvl. 3 - Cooked food is 60% more effective

Lvl. 4 - Cooked food is 80% more effective

Lvl. 5 - Cooked food is twice as effective

2. Survivalist (30) - Consuming raw meat is twice as effective

3. Gatherer (30) - Consuming uncooked vegetables is twice as effective

4. Hunter (50) - Collect twice as much meat from animals

5. Gardener (50) - Collect twice as many vegetables from plants

6. Rotisseur (70) - Cooked meat give a healing bonus over time*

7. Potager (70) - Soups give a healing bonus over time*

8. Master Chef (100) - Recipes produce twice as many cooked foods

*these foods still grant the instant healing bonus, but also then heal over time (whatever the amount they heal for 10 seconds)

I'm not even sure if it's possible to add new skills, though with the CK out I imagine it should be. If someone would be willing to make this new skill that would be amazing. I'd be more than willing to help test it. These ideas for perks could also be changed if anyone has some better ideas.

(I am not a modder, sorry)

Sounds cool, I can tell you've put a lot of thought into this.

However, I'm not sure if a skilltree solely dedicated to cooking food would be efficient, balance-wise that is, nor interesting enough.

It's quite similar to Alchemy, but that is a tree you can at least use offensively with poisons, and it offers much more variety with its many different effects.

Personally, I'd incorporate Cooking into a tree called Survival (famous from New Vegas!) in order to make it more interesting. The Survival tree is focused on... well.. survival. That is why cooking skills fit in.

Examples of additional Survival Skills:

Flight - Sprinting drains 15% less stamina.

Deep Sleeper - Gain Well Rested bonuses from any type of sleeping area.

Energized - Rested bonuses are expanded by also giving a temporary 20% Magicka/Stamina bonus after resting.

Survival Instinct - Time slows down and your next attack deals 100% more damage when your health drops below 10%.

Recovery - Health/Magicka/Stamina Regeneration is increased by 50% when standing still (not pressing WASD, you can still look around)

Just an idea.

Edited by Adrius2

(I am not a modder, sorry)

Sounds cool, I can tell you've put a lot of thought into this.

However, I'm not sure if a skilltree solely dedicated to cooking food would be efficient, balance-wise that is, nor interesting enough.

It's quite similar to Alchemy, but that is a tree you can at least use offensively with poisons, and it offers much more variety with its many different effects.

Personally, I'd incorporate Cooking into a tree called Survival (famous from New Vegas!) in order to make it more interesting. The Survival tree is focused on... well.. survival. That is why cooking skills fit in.

Examples of additional Survival Skills:

Flight - Sprinting drains 15% less stamina.

Deep Sleeper - Gain Well Rested bonuses from any type of sleeping area.

Energized - Rested bonuses are expanded by also giving a temporary 20% Magicka/Stamina bonus after resting.

Survival Instinct - Time slows down and your next attack deals 100% more damage when your health drops below 10%.

Recovery - Health/Magicka/Stamina Regeneration is increased by 50% when standing still (not pressing WASD, you can still look around)

Just an idea.

That's always a possibility as well, cooking was just the first thing that came to mind since I've always wanted to make a chef character and have it be viable.