a Mass effect Nexus Mod site?

katsuhi

would it be possible? i mean i know Mass Effect is not exactly mod friendly but i suspect if people here really wanted to mod it that would not stop them i mean the toolkit for the witcher was worthless and yet we still have some decent mods and then there is all the other bioware games dragon age origins/ dragon age 2 modding it can be somewhat more problematic but not impossible, at least i was thinking just better textures for the original game to bring it more up to date with the looks of MassEffect2/MassEffect3 if only in looks and at most new weapons and armor models granted i don't know if you would be able to find a way to import such things from game to game but even if you cant i am sure that someone can make a fix of sorts to make sure there are no errors

That would depend on how Bioware reacts to modding ME3. They supported it unofficially in DA2 and officially with DA1, but not ME or ME2. ME2 mods required editors that basically hacked the game, so you really should ask them. I think it would be wonderful for Bioware to have a tool kit for at least ONE of the ME games, but let's face it, if ME3 had a tool kit it would have been discussed ages ago, and after teasing it in DA2 but never delivering...I'm pretty sure that EA wants us to pay for all the extra content.

Extremely unlikely.

Only games with a boxed SDK can be Nexus games AFAIK, so probably no ME Nexus any time soon. And anyway, did ME 1/2 even have mods? it had texture stuff, but I never saw anything go deeper than texture replacers. And it's bloody EA, any modding capability would likely be subscription based, and cost a fortune.

Edited by Vindekarr

thats a shame after all theres so much that could be done with the mass effect series and seeing as how ME3 may be the last game turning to the fans for extra content would not be such a bad thing still they are also releasing multiplayer and i can see why mods would be hard to do but i wouldnt mind simple retextures / HD'ifying ME1 and a few other things we all know would be great DLC that just never happened

ME2 did have mods like the Gibbed Save Editor and even the INI Mod Manager. It do NOT have re-texture mods. None. Only similar were mods that swapped in-game armor or character model parts.

Edit/p.s.: ENB also works with ME2 and apparently the ME3 demo.

Edited by thesapien