Oblivion crashes when loading overworld

thedotwalks

Hey in oblivion whenever the game is loading a new area and im going into the wilderness (i.e. not inside a house or dungeon) the game crashes instantly. While its still loading. I can't get out of the tutorial because of this, and the only reason I know that it wont crash when im inside a house/dungeon is because of the player.coc commands winth the ` key. Warping to those areas works just fine, but it will crash if I try to go outside. Im pretty sure my computer can run the game, seeing as it has decent graphics with no lag, so i dont think thats an issue. I do have HP printers, so I ended the process (I heard that was an issue). I do have specular distance (also heard that having it off was an issue) and am not running any mods. I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least 8 times. Anyone know what I could do to fix it?

First off, some details of your machine specs would help. Crashing when exiting the sewers is usually a sign of hardware not being able to handle the full game (when you are in the tutorial dungeon your machine isn't stressed as much).

The most important info is your CPU, graphics and sound details, as well as your operating system, where you installed the game and whether or not you are using the Steam or disk version (and if disk version whether or not you've installed the Shivering Isles expansion and whether or not you've patched the game to the latest version 1.2.0416).