Script can't see spell

Sorwen

I created a custom spell duplicated from another, but when I try to add the spell to a character in a script the script can't compile. I replace it with any of the normal spells from the game and it compiles fine. It really annoys me because this was so simple in F3/Oblivion and I'm not sure what I'm missing.

Could be because the custom spell doesn't have a predefined reference. Have you tried manually adding the spell to the race you want, in the CK? Would be Races->'the race'->edit->Spell List->right click->new. and then add your spell.

I'll try it and see what happens.

If you have a script that won't compile, it's really helpful if you also post the full script and compiler output.

Cipscis

I didn't have access to it last night and I've been meaning to ask for a while. Also I figured I might get an answer any way since it is a problem with the spell itself and not the script using it. Still I'll post the actual error as soon as I can.

Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...

Compiling "PlayerVampireQuestScript"...

c:\games\valve\steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Scripts\Source\temp\PlayerVampireQuestScript.psc(392,18): variable sSpeed is undefined

No output generated for PlayerVampireQuestScript, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.

Failed on PlayerVampireQuestScript

@kieranh7

That doesn't allow it to see the spell. The other ability I made works fine since it is always on, but the script can't see it either(I didn't even think before to try it).

Well, it sounds like the variable sSpeed is undefined. Could you post the script as well so we could see where you're trying to use it and whether or not you've declared it correctly?

Cipscis

sSpeed isn't a variable it is the spells Editor ID. As I said it doesn't recognize the spell. If I replace the ID with any other spell the game already uses the script runs fine. Isn't a problem with the script it is a problem with it not identifying the spell I created. Even if I do nothing but copy a spell that I know works and make no changes to it at all the script can't see the new ID for some reason. I just need to know what I'm missing that it can't see it.

http://www.creationkit.com/RemoveSpell_-_Actor

Edited by Sorwen