Crafting Menu Customization

cfcohen

hearthfire doesn't replace TESV.exe or anything, so it has to be in some script in there I would bet.

Nope, but you forgot about the last couple of Skyrim patches, which is where these features were hardcoded ahead of the DLC releases.

I'm having exactly thhis issue right now on a mod I'm trying to create. I didn't know anything about those other categories for Apparel. It's unfortunate they don't seem to work as that is precisely the kind of category I need to use.

• 5 weeks later...

The category BUILDING MATERIALS simply uses one of the 10 reserved strings. They have been there since the game release. These 10 strings were kept in case the devs want to add new categories to the game later on, nothing more.

Previously they were called: GADGETS, GIZMOS, WHOSE-ITS, WHAT-ITS, THINGAMABOBS, KNICKS, KNACKS, BITS, BOBS, LOST SOCKS. all just placeholders.

Whenever the devs want to add a new material to the game, they for example simply change BOBS into STAHLRIM. LOST SOCKS for example became AETHERIUM with Dawnguard.

Edited by Saratje

• 1 month later...
I just edited it, and kept all the same crafting items.. The workbench adds any items filtered with a certain name. "Lakeview Cellar" workbench might look like this: BYOHHouseInteriorRecipePart204XXXXXXX .. So anything with BYOHHouseInteriorRecipe will be loaded onto the workbench. My mod that I used this with is "HearthFire Cellar for Breezehome" on steam. Edited by Ares2626

• 2 weeks later...

I have come up with a crapy hack for this issue for my mod.

1) Create a Crafting station for every Category you want with a unique key word to ID it for recipies.

2) Place them someplace hidden

3) Create a talking activator that looks like the crafting station you want.

4) Give it a quest/Dialgue for each category that 'Activates' your stations.

You will still have the 'Misc' Catagory, but at least you can organize better. In my case, it is used for a "Spell Craft" station that lets you spend Dragon Souls for spell books. I didn't want every single spell in the game in a single category.

Edited by Felson

• 4 years later...

As you will find out I'm new to the creation kit, all i am trying to do is have a menu that has different categories like the smithing forge ( leather, iron, hide, steel ect. ) i have been on the creation kit wiki, youtube, friends and now I'm here can someone tell me how to have a menu with the category names i want and however many i want please help :)