Dozens of new spells

Callmedeagle

I don't know what you have so far, or what might already be out there in Midas Magic or other mods, but here's a few ideas for you. Names and details are of course just suggestions.

-Ring of fire: Either expanding outwards or static/defensive.

-Alarm: Basically a temporary trigger box that sends the player a message, or makes a sound, when an actor passes through it. Could be useful for stealthy types.

-Create Ice: Conjure a temporary (or permanent until dispelled) obelisk of ice, that can be used to block doorways. Probably best if destructible.

-Battle of Wills: The player and the target are transported to a pocket plane (ie. trippy-looking interior cell :P ). Only one can emerge alive. A good way to isolate a particularly evasive target.

-Summon Incendiary Goat: A flaming goat is conjured a short distance away from the caster. It runs around randomly in terror until it's health reaches zero, at which point it explodes, devastating friend and foe alike.

-Petrify/Unpetrify: Turn NPCs into statues (obviously, for technical purposes, they'd remain actors, not static objects. Poses might change if the player leaves the cell, so I'm not sure how viable this actually is).

-Blind Retreat: This would be better as a power. The player is teleported to one of dozens of possible locations, some safe, others extremely dangerous or isolated. As a power, it would have no mana cost, but a 24 hour recharge time, so it would work well in conjunction with "no fast-travel" mods.

-Dead Man's Mark: Brands the target with an ethereal mark that the caster can activate at a later time from anywhere in Skyrim. Upon activation, the player is teleported to the target's side. This would be useful for killing a target in their sleep, or feeding upon them, as a vampire.

-Snowball: The caster calls forth an enormous snowball, which is rolled (or flung, depending on terrain and targeting) at one or more targets. It strikes anything in its path with kinetic energy (like those cave-ins that occasionally occur in caves).

-Snowblind: The caster manipulates the weather, creating a sudden snow squall (the sort that you can dispel with the Calm Skies shout). Visibility of friend and foe alike are severely reduced, decreasing a stealthy player's chances of being detected.

-Odour of Death: Summon forth a noxious cloud that causes fear in living creatures who enter it. The scent of death, however, can also be used to draw the attention of skeletons and draugr to a certain area (ideally one that's heavily trapped).

-Circle of Swords: Several spinning swords appear around the caster, lashing out at any foe who gets too close.

-Featherweight: A toggle-able spell. Can be cast on any one acquirable object, indefinitely setting its weight to zero.

-Detect traps: All nearby trap triggers briefly emit light.

-Giantblood: The caster, or a target of his or her choice, grow to three times their original size, with a significant health and stamina bonus. This would probably need a very short duration and/or mana cost in order to balance its benefits.

-Anti-Magic Field: A toggle-able spell. The player insulates the immediate area against any and all magical spells. Powers and magical weapons are unaffected, but casting magic is impossible within the area of effect.

Scripted spells make for great fun, I look forwards to seeing what you come up with!

EDIT: Added additional suggestions. :thumbsup:

Edited by JanusForbeare

hm...maybe a acid rain would be nice or a real meteor spell not the one from midas i mean something like one single big meteor come from the sky.

maybe you should watch a spell video from final fantasy it has the best spells in my oppinion!!!

or a tornado would be nice to see and maybe some bigger ice storms?

i think the game needs more epic spells nothing against the midas magic but the most spells from this mod are just copies from the vanilla spells thats not so good!!

or maybe some summons like in final fantasy like bahamut or anima!!

or some water spells why is there no tsunami spell a big wave or something like that?

i have so many ideas but iam not a good modder thats the problem!!!!

I really like JanusForebear's spell ideas. Those are excellent.

I've always hoped the Telekinesis spell could be made more useful. I like stealth characters with some magic thrown in. What if a thief could snuff a torch next to a guard from afar, set the guard to searching? Big armored orc won't move from his post next to the only door that leads to the treasure? What if said thief could snatch his feet out from under him? Or, even better - what if said thief could oh so quietly ease his sword from the scabbard, levitating it away to a corner on the other side of the room, leave the orc to either go fetch it or fight unarmed? Snatch the quiver from an archer's back? Yeah, that would be good stuff. Really make playing stealth a unique game experience with strategies totally unlike being a mage or warrior.

Magic missile would be nice : )

( Magic missile hits nearest unfriendly target so no targetting needed other types of self targetting spells could be good too )

Levitate ( probably to lift you 30 feet high or so before mana runs out and you float to ground )

entangle or root spell

Magic eye ... an eye which you can send in to look at rooms before you enter them

Eagle eye ... Bird or eagle which you can send ahead and look through it's eyes to see what's in your path

Feather fall ...slows fall so no damage from jump or fall

Weakness to fire / ice / shock ... triples damage

Spells which make conjured minions attack / be passive / guard you / wait at or move to a certain place