Anyone else think that theres a few things missing from Skyrim?

woodtortiose

95% of gamers today is 14 - 18. Almost everyone in that age category has major brain damage from CoD and WoW. Therefore, if they see something like actual ingame depth the have the same allergic reaction that vampires have to sunlight. Now, bethesda doesn't actually care about gamers turning into piles of ashes, but if they all burn to ashes, noone will be left to spend money on DLCs that should've been included from the start.

While we have reason to disagree with your statistics, I have to agree with the rest of your comment. Regardless of their age, most gamers today seem to suffer from the kind of allergy you describe (just look at what the most popular games today are, and what happened to those favoring depth over surface). The logical choice for Bethesda was to follow the money.

Here's some stats pulled from Entertainment Association or something like that:

Consumers spent $25.1 billion on video games, hardware and accessories in 2010.

Purchases of digital content accounted for 24 percent of game sales in 2010, generating $5.9 billion in revenue.

Seventy-two percent of American households play computer or video games.

The average game player is 37 years old and has been playing games for 12 years.

The average age of the most frequent game purchaser is 41 years old.

Forty-two percent of all game players are women. In fact, women over the age of 18 represent a significantly greater portion of the game-playing population (37 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (13 percent).

In 2011, 29 percent of Americans over the age of 50 play video games, an increase from nine percent in 1999.

Fifty-five percent of gamers play games on their phones or handheld device.

Seventy-six percent of all games sold in 2010 were rated "E" for Everyone, "T" for Teen, or "E10+" for Everyone 10+. For more information on game ratings, please see www.esrb.org.

Parents are present when games are purchased or rented 91 percent of the time.

Edited by Kane65

The role playing is the biggest part left out. I noticed in Oblivion and Morrowind that the dialogue usually consists of "yes"/"no", which is good. It can be easy to roleplay as anyone with those choices. In Skyrim however, you get two choices which sound like this "I think I should go and get the, I think... item, I think." and "WHERE THE HELL IS THE ITEM?!" Well, not really that bad but you know.

An example, I found a kid in the wilderness who said he found a Dwemer Ruin. My choices to him were "Please tell me where the ruin is, and I'll give you a septim." and "Tell me where the ruin is before I tan your hide!" I was disappointed with those options. The first option makes me sound weak and desperate, and the second option makes me sound evil.