Why is my thread locked? (And without reason!)

Sysuke

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/563020-male-armor-request/

above is the link to thread which is now locked, and with a surprise. NO REASON WHY! Usually a mod should give their reasons for why they have locked the thread, and I have yet to receive any messages or a post from a mod for why the thread was locked. I do not see, in what way i violated any rules. (If so, then please tell me.)

My main pep-peeve here, is the fact that it was locked without reason.

The only thing I can see that was an issue was the "Bump" to keep a thread from dropping to the bottom. (Should I have just re-posted the whole thread instead?) Is bumping against site rules, or what!?

Edited by Sysuke

So all I can do is let it die out? How the hell can I get someone to make the mod? I mean, you never know. There are always people joining this site and some might even have modding experience, and I'm absolutely sure they're not willing to scan through seventy pages.

So tell me, in what way can I get attention to new modders without the "bump" tactic or re-posting?

So all I can do is let it die out? How the hell can I get someone to make the mod? I mean, you never know. There are always people joining this site and some might even have modding experience, and I'm absolutely sure they're not willing to scan through seventy pages.

So tell me, in what way can I get attention to new modders without the "bump" tactic or re-posting?

Well for starters, you could learn to mod and do it yourself. It's fun to learn and there are many rescources and tutorials out there that are nice and user friendly and you can work your way up to 3d modeling.

Or, instead of just saying "bump" to get the thread back to the top, you could just as easily of posted another armor request or idea in your thread, and you would have had your thread back at the top without having to break site rules.

Take a look at the number of posts/threads in the mod request forum vs the actual mod forum. See a major imbalance?

Most modders do so for themselves, out of their own interest and for their own amusement. Of course sharing their hardwork is part of the fun. However tons of users come here everyday begging for very time consuming, complex and skilled mod work. Conversely, there are not tons of modders just sitting around ready to take up their beck and call.

If there seems to be an imbalance of female vs male armors, this is simply because more modders want to make female ones because that is their interest. If you want to see more male armors the best thing you can do is learn to make them yourself.

Unfortunately there isn't a whole lot you can do if no one seems interested in creating your ideas (or in this case replicating someone elses) other than doing it yourself.

Also, public discussion of modderation is not looked upon well here. If you have an issue with a moderators actions, pm a modderator or the site owner to discuss it.

I attempted to learn to mod armor myself, the only problem was I couldn't figure out how to use blender. I found an easy tutorial and I used it, my only problem is I couldn't find any of my male skeleton body parts at all. I don't know if it was replaced with a mod, or what? So...that's what's keeping me from modding. If I had those files, I'd be more then happy to do so. However, for some reason...they just don't show up. Here's a photo:

I attempted to learn to mod armor myself, the only problem was I couldn't figure out how to use blender. I found an easy tutorial and I used it, my only problem is I couldn't find any of my male skeleton body parts at all. I don't know if it was replaced with a mod, or what? So...that's what's keeping me from modding. If I had those files, I'd be more then happy to do so. However, for some reason...they just don't show up. Here's a photo:

All the vanilla game content included in (I'm assuming) Skyrim is packed in the .bsa files. You need to unpack these into a folder using a 3rd party program like FOMM. I send the files to a new work folder so they don't override whatever I have in my actual data folder.

How the hell can I get someone to make the mod?

You Can't 'get someone to make a mod' - they have to want to make it. Obviously no one who makes mods was interested in your demand that they make a mod just because you wanted it.. Hence the 'learn to make mods' suggestion. :rolleyes: