DATA FILES grayed out in launcher???

paraleyes

• 1 month later...

Man...it's not working...i've done it many times but nothing works

Be sure to check the ini in the my documents folder too! Not the one in the root directory.

And thanks ghosu! :smile: :smile: :smile:<br><br>Also, rather than just adding that to the bottom of your INI, find where <br><br>[Launcher] is in the middle somewhere and add that line in at that point. <br>

this was a big help, though the game was sneaky having ""bEnableFileSelection=1"" in the prefs of the game folder, but it was completely missing in the prefs in documents, didnt even have bEnableFileSelection=0"" resulting in ''off'' I had to add the entire thing

I searched endlessly for a solution to the grayed out data files option in the skyrim launcher. I rarely post when i do read a solution that actually works but this time i am. PARALEYES you're awesome! That little extra in depth suggestion of checking the documents folder also was perfect. Thank you so much good sir.

@maverick2013: read post #2 carefully and give proper credit where it is due. Ghosu is referring to "Libraries\Documents\My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\SkrrimPrefs.ini"

Edited by steve40

As paraleyes implied, this line must be under the only [Launcher] header of the Skyrim.ini found in my documents. It must also be spelled and capitalized properly.

Incorrect, it should be in SkyrimPrefs.ini not Skyrim.ini

Are you editing the Skyrim.ini located at \My Documents\My Games\Skyrim\? That's the correct one. There will be a Skyrim.ini found in the root directory of your Skyrim installation as well, it should be left alone.

No, it isn't the correct one. It should be SkyrimPrefs.ini :facepalm:

Edited by steve40

• 2 months later...

Man...it's not working...i've done it many times but nothing works

Be sure to check the ini in the my documents folder too! Not the one in the root directory.

And thanks ghosu! :smile: :smile: :smile:<br><br>Also, rather than just adding that to the bottom of your INI, find where <br><br>[Launcher] is in the middle somewhere and add that line in at that point. <br>

this was a big help, though the game was sneaky having ""bEnableFileSelection=1"" in the prefs of the game folder, but it was completely missing in the prefs in documents, didnt even have bEnableFileSelection=0"" resulting in ''off'' I had to add the entire thing

OMFG HELP YOU

• 3 months later...

okay, well i have read every post and I did exactly what everyone is saying to do. So when i go to into my ini doc under launcher it has bEnableFileSelection=1, and if i delete it and retype it in it wont let me save. Don't know what to do, i have right clicked to see if i had to "run as admin" but there is no selection for that. Any help would be awesome.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...