Making Jack sell the turbo recipe

oscarvdhooft

I'm trying to make Jack in the red rock drug lab sell the turbo recipe (I know there's a quest, but it's not uncommon to fail it by killing certain NPCs) but I can't get it to work

I followed the guide on the GECK wiki (http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Adding_items_to_vendors) but it still doesn't work. I did manage to make the container and hide it under the ground in the drug lab, set the ownership to Jack and I checked ingame with "tcl" that it does contain the actual recipe (and you lose karma by taking it so the ownership does work)

I modified Jack so he would also sell books and misc items (not sure in which the recipe would fit) but all it does is make him sell 9mm cases while the rest of his inventory is unchanged.

Any advice? I know directly adding items to a merchant inventory is frowned upon but if I have to modify Jack so he sells items in other categories I might aswell right?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Please see 'Spawning modded items' section in the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article.

-Dubious-

Thanks for the reply but the turbo recipe is not a modded item, it's there in the base game and is fully functional (you grab it, and you learn the recipe) and I'm not trying to add it to leveled lists, I want Jack and only Jack to sell it.

Edited by oscarvdhooft

I'm not sure how they handle vendors selling recipes / schematics in NV ... Since recipes are a new item for NV ...

Which is actually an intangible item , but has a condition of the player having the note , to make the item.

But also notes don't appear to be an item that can show up in inventories ... just world objects ,death items ,and players note section of pipboy.

So what they do in Fo3 is have a misc item with a script , that adds the note to the player.

Have a look at the items in the tree under "Misc Item / Clutter / Junk / Schematic ...

Just duplicate one of those ... then make your own script similar to what those have ... and you place that item in Jacks container.

Hope that helps.

Add edit : For simplicity on the script with no improvements

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

scn MyTurboRecipieScript
short AddOnce ;Do Once variable
BEGIN OnAdd player
if AddOnce == 0
AddNote RecipesTurboNote
Set AddOnce to 1
ShowMessage MyTurboRecipieMessage ; make message if desired
RemoveMe
endif
End
Edited by Mktavish

I'm not sure how they handle vendors selling recipes / schematics in NV ... Since recipes are a new item for NV ...

Which is actually an intangible item , but has a condition of the player having the note , to make the item.

But also notes don't appear to be an item that can show up in inventories ... just world objects ,death items ,and players note section of pipboy.

So what they do in Fo3 is have a misc item with a script , that adds the note to the player.

Have a look at the items in the tree under "Misc Item / Clutter / Junk / Schematic ...

Just duplicate one of those ... then make your own script similar to what those have ... and you place that item in Jacks container.

Hope that helps.

That explains a lot, thanks! I'll try it out, see if it works :)

That explains a lot, thanks! I'll try it out, see if it works :smile:

Oops I see you missed my add edit ... recheck above post.

Thank you so much! I've uploaded it on the nexus so everyone who kills Motor-Runner can still get the recipe :)

I made sure to give you credit for the script, I don't think I could've figured it out on my own