Helmet+hair

ghosu

Hi

Since i'm pretty new to armor modding and all this skindismember stuff...i just created a helmet and i've got 2 questions:

- How to completely hide hair when i equip the helmet (char on screenshot has got short hair)?

http://666kb.com/i/c1lrgzk9kt3h2xmhj.jpg

- Left image - if my char has long hair, is it possible to make the hair visible ONLY in the area without helmet - along the ear/neck?

thx & greetings

Not so sure about that, i know i got hair working by using partition 142 and use circlet on the ARMA and ARMO record. But to completely hide hair or to make just parts of it show, i do not know, i've been trying this on a spangenhelmet i made myself, but there is always some hair clipping some place no matter what i do. So i guess i would like to know this myself.

Uh, i thought that this is already solved, made a thread just for emergency and wanted to penetrate the seach function :biggrin:

No good times for Spartans...no long hair, no spear animation, no non rigid cape - not yet :pirate:

Edited by ghosu

you could always try modeling hair into the helmet itself? so when you equip the helmet it disables the characters base hair, and you have new hair as part of the helmet mesh?

i imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to tie the colour into whatever was chosen at the character creation screen either, as that's largely just multiplying a grayscale texture with an rgb value.

Well i tried that once buuut i would prefer a version that keeps the original hair color AND the haircut...We don't do things by halves. :biggrin:

http://www.6lya.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/arrested-480x354.jpg

Edited by ghosu