Mod Recruitment Section

Darksun45230

Users every day resort to Mod Talk to post information about their projects. Sometimes they get the attention they need for that idea to blossom into a mod and sometimes they don't. What I propose is a way for organizing talent.

That being said, I propose an induction on the forums:

A mod recruitment section: a forum dedicated to coders, sound engineers, scripters, translators and voice actors pooling their talents together to create a better Skyrim.

The rules are simple: posters post tag their topics for their projects.

Example: [Looking for Voice Actor for Guild Questline]

Example: [Coder looking for project.]

Example: [Looking for scripter for Weapons mod.]

Example: [Voice Actor looking for work.]

This should not contain (for obvious reasons): Mod Requests, Mod Talk, or Mod Troubleshooting.

A project manager should advertise their mod, post screenshots and videos (or link to an already uploaded WIP) This in turn should generate volunteers.

Potential team members should advertise their previous work: VA's should submit a demo of their work, ect.

The status quot has taken us this far: imagine how much farther we could go with a little more organization.

I really like this idea. Since the CK is out, we can finally have some nice voice acting for the game. Unfortunately many people are too disorganized to actually get the ball rolling. A section exclusively devoted to recruitment could also be a place where people who wish to voice act and people that need them could congregate.

There are other benefits too. Players could create sticky topics of suggested formats. Recruitment topics for example could include contact information and for those ambitious few, they could send regular updates via mailing list. At the bottom of the page (in this aforementioned section) they could write contact info as well as the names of the volunteers.

Name______|__Email________________

[username] |

[username] |

[username] |

[username] |

And so on.

As you're already all at the Nexus, why not using the username or a PM link instead of the dangerous-to-post-in-public email then?

Perhaps not everybody checks their PMs, but who's going to be part of this new organization system anyways then could just be told to enable email-notification for receiving PMs.

Or maybe one can even post the anonymous mail link you get on the profile page of everybody here. It's mailing to your registered email, through the website, but nobody will ever see the actual address.

Well, just giving options. There's no modding for me for years to come, unless you call "1 day per month in total and only if I'm lucky" enough time for this, so joining a team is totally out of question.

Edited by DrakeTheDragon