Compatibility - Hangman's Alley Question

Hey guys. If anyone could help me out here, or if anyone has any insight, I'd be really thankful.

Anyways, I'm trying to make Hangman's Alley Interior Apartments (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16457/?) compatible with Hangman's Alley Basic Clean Up (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18087/?).

The author of the latter did do a bit to try and make it more compatible, but it looks like it ruins the navmesh for the apartments - as in, companions nor settlers will enter either apartment. The clean up has to be loaded after, and it appears that when it is, everything is fine except for the navmesh for the apartments. I really love the clean up mod, and in my opinion, it is a necessity for Hangman's Alley. However, the apartments add so many more options. I've tried checking out FO4Edit to see what I can do there, but I'm at a loss. I haven't used CK2 much, either.

If anyone has any quick insight in what I could do to fix this, I'd love you forever. :P Thanks!

You'd have to make a compatibility patch file that harmonizes the navmesh changes both mods make to that area by making both mods flagged master files in FO4Edit and then loading them both into the CK in order to make your patch that would include any navmesh changes that are desired from each mod. Probably use the Interior Apartments mod as a baseline as that almost certainly has a more extensive set of navmesh changes than the other mod.

If you're not experienced in using the Creation Kit or dealing with navmesh editing this may be a bit difficult.

Personally, I think you’d be better off just using the Hangman’s Alley Apartments mod as your starting point and doing all the cleanup yourself in that. That’s what I’m planing to do for my new game, but I’ll be building the entire settlement in the CK. I’m not a fan of workshop mode.

From the little I’ve looked at Hangman’s Alley Apartments it seems to do a decent job of cleaning the place up on it's own. Anything the other mod does that Apartments doesn’t you could probably do yourself in the one mod in less time than trying to figure out how to make a patch. But as Urtho said, if you’re not experienced using the CK, it might seem difficult.

One thing to keep in mind about both of those mods is that neither of them regenerate the precombined meshes and previs data that most likely has been disabled due to the edits they make to the cell. You’ll definitely want to make new precombine/previs as you will likely see some very noticeable performance issues if you don't, especially if you end up doing a sizable settlement build. Of any settlement in the game, Hangman’s Alley is probably THE one where you do not want the precombines to be disabled.

One last thing: if you do end up doing the cleanup yourself, you should NOT outright delete anything, but rather set to Initially Disabled then change the Z value to set the item below ground level. Deleting things in a cell is generally a bad idea as it can lead to mod conflicts and CTD in some cases. Even if you are only doing this for personal use, it's a good practice to get into.