Help with Nifskope

Hello All,

I am learning how to make my own mods, and have come up with an issue. I have searched Internet all over, and cannot sem to find an answer.

So, i am making a mod with a buildable Tower, and would like to merge multiple Nifs to be able to create a base for it, but I cannot seem to obtain the wanted results with Nifskope, and cannot find any info about doing this.

Does anyone have any help regarding a Nifskope manual or tutorials?

Any help is welcome.

Thanks to all.

Justin

EDIT : Sorry, I forgot to mention the mod i'm trying to make is for Fallout 4!

Edited by AlessiaDeSombreval

Hey, I am not much experienced in nifskope, but you can take a look at their wiki http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/NifSkope

But at first, are your objects static? if so place them in positions you like somewhere in render window, then select all of them and press alt-O, it will make static collection and as far as I remember will make merged nif for you.

Hi Shavkacagarikia.

Thanks for the info.

I have already tryed to use the wiki in your link, but did not find it very helpful.

Yes my objects are static. They are building parts.

About the Alt-O commande you've explained, is that in nifskop or in the creation Kit?

Thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

http://www.creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=New_Editor_Features#Static_Collections

http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php?title=Bethsoft_Tutorial_Static_Collections--most of this is still relevant.

If you're trying to do this in Nifskope instead you'll want to copy branch the 0 level node from one nif into the 0 level node of a second nif. Then because Nifskope screws up the names and material paths for every single node, you have to rename/fix that for every single node. Some objects you can't/shouldn't combine into a static collection (SCOL) in CK and will need to combine in Nifskope with this method. However if you're talking about working strictly with architectural pieces and not objects with any special functionality like moving parts, then using a SCOL is the best approach because it will give you a nice working collision. Keep in mind though that resizing statics in CK significantly beyond their normal size may screw up the final SCOL's collision. Also you cannot combine a SCOL into another SCOL. If you need to do this, break the SCOL apart first before selecting all items again for the larger static collection.

I just create an empty test cell to make SCOLs in. You may consider adding some flooring pieces in well below where you plan to work to catch anything that accidentally had moveable collision and falls. However you can't include moveable statics in a SCOL anyway without first making them a static object (so they have the little purple house icon).

To add on to what damanding said, after copying the second (and third, fourth, etc...) into the main nif, you'll want to delete/merge the extra BSXFlags and CPA nodes. By that I mean check what flags are enabled in each BSXFlags node, and make sure they are in the one you keep. With the way they are done, if the "Integer Data" value is the same, all the same flags are checked. You might be able to have more than one CPA node, but I'm not sure.

As far as SCOLs go, as far as I know you can't have any properties applied to it, so the only stuff you would be able to build directly on top of the SCOL are items with a "treat everything as ground" property.

Another note, if you're planning to make prefabs to build in settlement workshop mode, not only will you need to navmesh them, you'll also need 2013 3ds Max and the official Bethesda plugin to make appropriate navcuts etc. so that the settlers can use them. But if this is your intention, you might as well do all the combining in 3ds Max so that you'll have genuinely proper collision and other features. But the upside of this is that you won't then have the problem Vlits mentioned above with building stuff on the floor.

• 1 year later...