ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[LE] Equip weapon in combat state without animation. It is possible?

Hello, Skyrim modmakers.

So, question is simple - it is possible to bypass animation of pulling weapons out of the sheath in combat (when you change your weapon) via some scripts? In other words, that the weapon would simply change in the hand to another weapon.

My goal is make weapon-transformation mod (like in BloodBorne - it's FromSoftware game).

At this moment I made a script, that can swap weapons from two formlists, but I wish to add animation to transformation sequence, and vanila equipping animation ruins this process.

Any suggestions?

P.s. ah, and sorry about my bad english.

Edited by azazellz

• 2 weeks later...

The only way I can think of to do an immediate swap is to have the appearance of a weapon built into the gauntlet / glove / hand slot as 'armor'. But then you don't get the appropriate fighting animations or damage levels.

Unless, you used a modified gauntlet to augment the appearance of the already equipped weapon and scripted any stat changes necessary to the weapon.. Tho making sure that all the parts lined up appropriately in all occasions would be a pain. And the scripting would then require SKSE.

The only way I can think of to do an immediate swap is to have the appearance of a weapon built into the gauntlet / glove / hand slot as 'armor'. But then you don't get the appropriate fighting animations or damage levels.

Unless, you used a modified gauntlet to augment the appearance of the already equipped weapon and scripted any stat changes necessary to the weapon.. Tho making sure that all the parts lined up appropriately in all occasions would be a pain. And the scripting would then require SKSE.

Well, this is not acceptable.

Maybe there is a way to "freeze" a player in animation, and perform a weapon change during this animation?

Because the alternative to "changing weapon in the hands during combat" is the "changing weapons after it is sheathed" - and I would like to avoid it.

But, of course, it's much simpler.