ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

[MOD Help] Hide Abilities bar out of combat (KB&M interface)

Deleted2770933User

Hi guys,

I've been hoping for a mod that would hide the abilities bar out of combat for the KB&M interface, just like what happens for the controller interface.

I think this was a gross oversight by Bioware, which should have been included.

I am aware this must be a script-based thing and should not be too hard to copy the script responsible for the behaviour to the KB&M interface. Also, there is a single instance at the start of the game when initially the abilities bar does not show up, which again makes me hopeful this can be achieved.

But I have no idea where to look. I have used the Mod Creation tool and have searched through everything but I just can't find where and how to do it.

So I am asking for someone to please assist and help me achieve this.

Hi guys,

I've been hoping for a mod that would hide the abilities bar out of combat for the KB&M interface, just like what happens for the controller interface.

I think this was a gross oversight by Bioware, which should have been included.

I am aware this must be a script-based thing and should not be too hard to copy the script responsible for the behaviour to the KB&M interface. Also, there is a single instance at the start of the game when initially the abilities bar does not show up, which again makes me hopeful this can be achieved.

But I have no idea where to look. I have used the Mod Creation tool and have searched through everything but I just can't find where and how to do it.

So I am asking for someone to please assist and help me achieve this.

Not sure what "KB&M" is, but I totally agree that the ability to hide the action and menu bar should have been a part of the game from the beginning and I too would love a feature like this :thumbsup:

And hey, if someone could figure out how to make the party UI frames smaller (like down to about 75%), that would be wicked as well :happy:

It really is a classic example of BW not thinking everything completely through, it often seems like they go "that's good enough" and then move on to the next thing :huh: