Institute Weapons Damage Increase past Regular Laser Mod

immortalfrieza

I'd like to see the damage of Institute weapons increased beyond that of the generic laser weapons, maintaining this when the weapons have been modded, but only slightly beyond that, like it's an upgrade. I don't think it makes any sense that the Institute would design laser weapons that are inferior to prewar stuff when they could have just reverse engineered and used those instead, even the rate of fire doesn't compensate for it. There's already a mod that tries to do this but doesn't really work, and another that jacks up the laser weapons so that they're equal, which I don't want.

Neither of those work. The first is the one I mentioned earlier that doesn't work at all, and with the second it turns out to have the same amount of damage as the generic laser rifle does fully modded after the insititute weapon is fully modded, doesn't account for automatic mods, and doesn't play well with the rifleman perk, as it seems to increase damage from it's vanilla value rather than the increased mod value, making it actually do less damage as one takes levels in it.

Edited by immortalfrieza