Total realism mods advice

seanxx

Has any body played a few of these total realism- hunger, thirst, sleep,weight etc mods and decided one is better than the others?

all have pretty good explanations of each area the mod covers etc but I prefer to hear from users about which one they prefer.

so far im looking at

Imps More Complex Needs

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10639

Total Realism - Basic Needs

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10843

Basic Human Needs - Food Drink and Sleep

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=10958

I forget who, but someone uploaded a table of these needs mods to compare all four of them (three of which you have listed - the fourth being Hardcore Skyrim). I myself picked the Total Realism mod for a couple reasons.

1. TRO has a working system with planned expansion

2. TRO has immersive animations

3. TRO has drug FX

4. I helped Mansh00ter with some ideas for TRO 8)

5. Imps more complex needs was too complex. Sure it's trying to stay 'realistic' but there's a fine line between realism and too darn micromanaging. It's not like my character carries around a nutrients sheet for everything he/she eats.

6. Hardcore Skyrim has vampire and werewolf needs included, but lacks anims, FX and a few other aesthetics.

7. BHN is a bit too underwhelming for me (no offense to Andrewpk), but straight carryweight and health effects doesn't quite cut it where the other three affect stamina, magicka, hp, carry weight, all variants of regeneration AND leveled skills.

guess i'm in the same boat with seanxx, confusing which one that i'm gonna use. so far Imps More Complex Needs is the one that really interest me, but i'm open with everyone opinion about this realism mods. not looking for the best or most downloaded/popular, but looking the one that fit with taste..

Me too, I am between Imp's and Total Realism. I like how TR adds a "dying" state where you can actually die, plus fall down anims for drunk state, drinking and eating animations have been added to Imp's also. Imp's will also add "dying" in the next update, and it is better than TR when you are (or plan to be) a werewolf or vampire, as it works correctly for them.

Still need more feedback in order to decide which one I am gonna use.. :)

• 1 month later...

Well I've been playing with TRO since day 1 and enjoyed the hell out of it, but today I saw a video of Imps mod and it looks very interesting and complete, I myself know a lot about food's nutrition, calories, proteins, etc so maybe that's why I was interested in it.

I might try it tomorrow but I am afraid my character will be screwed up if I change from TRO to Imps so I am not sure.

But to everoyne who has tried both lately, I would love to have your opinions on both of them and help me choose if I stay with TRO or go for a more complex mod with Imps ! :wink:

Edited by JD1

Your character won't get screwed if you follow the uninstall instructions properly. Basically pause the mod via the config menu, make a new save, uninstall the mod, load the save, wait a few seconds for the scripts to terminate and you're good to go.

TRO Basic Needs is more of a "keep it simple" mod. There is quite a lot going on in the background, but I wanted to keep the amount of information presented to the player at a "medieval" level. As I understand it, Imp's mod approaches the same theme from the opposite direction, enabling you to be aware of all the minutiae of your digestive process. ;) While personally I would consider such levels of information better suited for a sci-fi game, de gustibus non est disputandum. :)

Bottom line, as long as you don't run both mods at the same time, and take proper steps when installing/uninstalling, you have no fear of screwing up your game.

Your character won't get screwed if you follow the uninstall instructions properly. Basically pause the mod via the config menu, make a new save, uninstall the mod, load the save, wait a few seconds for the scripts to terminate and you're good to go.

TRO Basic Needs is more of a "keep it simple" mod. There is quite a lot going on in the background, but I wanted to keep the amount of information presented to the player at a "medieval" level. As I understand it, Imp's mod approaches the same theme from the opposite direction, enabling you to be aware of all the minutiae of your digestive process. ;) While personally I would consider such levels of information better suited for a sci-fi game, de gustibus non est disputandum. :)

Bottom line, as long as you don't run both mods at the same time, and take proper steps when installing/uninstalling, you have no fear of screwing up your game.

Yeah after second thought you're right about the medieval's side, people back then didn't know nothing about nutrition facts hehe, it was more a personal curiosity.

I'll stay with your mod man, never change what isn't broken right? ;)

By the way did you read my idea about milk? also about the food getting old and bad in our inventory should be very realistic and immersive too.