Construction Set bug

tattooofhername

I've been making little mods and tinkering with the construction set for a while now, and decided recently to attempt making a few minor quests and stuff.

Problem - every time I try and do anything to the dialog (except delete it, it'll let me delete anything I want... :rolleyes:) the whole thing locks up and crashes. Sometimes if it's feeling really dramatic it'll crash everything else I have open at the time (firefox, etc) too and force me to reboot. .

I know there has to be a way around this, the number of mods out there with custom quests and dialog shows that, but so far I've not figured it out yet. Help?

If you have already seen the CS Wiki tutorials Audio Settings For Dialogue Video Tutorial and Dialogue Tutorial and they haven't helped perhaps this Emma's Elder Scrolls Forum thread will be of some help. I can't say for certain that the CS is as picky about sharing computer resources as the game, but I generally shut down as many background processes as possible while working in the CS.

Wish I could be of more help. Those links are from my 'future projects' bank ... before any of my mods need dialogue their creator needs to learn to write game scripts (and you can probably tell he's real eager to get into that).