Help with load order

jtrory

EDIT: Sorry, I posted this to the wrong part of the forum but I don't see a way to delete the post. Can the mods help me out?

I've been modding FO4 for a while now and I'm pretty happy with where I'm at, the only problem is that I'm experiencing some frame rate lag (the game will pause for a second or two) and pretty frequent CTD (about once every 30 minutes). I've used LOOT to try and auto sort my load order but it hasn't helped. I can't get to the bottom of what's causing it. I've been turning mods off to see if I can find the culprit, the problem with that is that I have to play the game for a bit to see if it will eventually crash so it's taking forever. I came here once for some similar issues with FO3 and thanks to some very helpful folks was able to get the game stable, hoping for some similar advice with FO4 :smile:

I don't own any DLC so I've tried to make sure all my mods do not require DLC. In some cases the mods did require DLC so I installed earlier versions that do not (like Companion Morph for example).

Mods and their load order are below. Maybe someone sees a conflict they know of or a mod that that they know is not stable? Thanks all.

GameMode=Fallout4

Fallout4.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
Snap'n Build.esm=1
SettlementKeywords.esm=1
Homemaker.esm=1
TrueStormsFO4.esm=1
SimSettlements.esm=1
OVT.esp=1
Craftable Cats.esp=1
QuickEnterFromStand.esp=1
QuickExitToStand.esp=1
OWR_CraftableDecor.esp=1
OWR_CraftableDecor_SKPatch.esp=1
More Where That Came From Diamond City.esp=1
Conelrad 640-1240.esp=1
ImmersiveVendors.esp=1
BetterSettlers.esp=1
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp=1
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp=1
ValdacilsItemSorting-00-ValsPicks-NoDLCVersion.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood.esp=1
3dscopes.esp=1
3dscopes-AddToSpawnList.esp=1
3dscopes-framework.esp=1
DeadBodyCollision.esp=1
MoreHairstyles4Male3.1.esp=1
MoreHairstyles4Female4.1.esp=1
MoreBeards2.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
HairVariations_YoungAtHeart.esp=1
HairVariations_FairyTails.esp=1
HairVariations_Elegant.esp=1
HairVariations_Sophisticate.esp=1
HairVariations_Conversions.esp=1
dD-Realistic Ragdoll Force.esp=1
LongerPowerLines3x.esp=1
CarryWeight1000.esp=1
CarryWeight200Strength.esp=1
S.O.R.T.esp=1
DDP_Bridge_mark1.esp=1
DDP_Elevators_mark1.esp=1
DD_Floor_brace.esp=1
DDP_Ramps_mark1.esp=1
Crafting Workbench.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-Collectibles.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-AID-VIS.esp=1
FunctionalDisplays-MISC-VIS.esp=1
Snap'n Build - Roofs.esp=1
ValdacilsDynamicHMPlanterHarvest.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Ballistic Weave.esp=1
AnS Wearable Backpacks and Pouches - Power Armor Carry Capacity.esp=1
FieldPacksMod.esp=1
EveryonesBestFriend.esp=1
NukaRadBans.esp=1
AdvBubbleTurretSet.esp=1
Better Vendor Stalls.esp=1
OCDecorator.esp=1
NPC Spawner.esp=1
Dogmeat's Backpack.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Diamond City Enhanced.esp=1
Faster Terminal Displays (100x).esp=1
PushAwayCompanions.esp=1
EatFood.esp=1
VendorCaps.esp=1
Docile Radstags.esp=1
Vivid Waters - Vanilla.esp=1
InteriorsEnhanced.esp=1
WestTekTacticalOptics.esp=1
Rangergearnew.esp=1
OWR.esp=1
Fusion Gun.esp=1
Crossbow.esp=1
SalvageBeacons.esp=1
BasementLiving.esp=1
OCDispenser.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
SimSettlements_XPAC_IndustrialRevolution.esp=1
DynamicInteriorFogRemoval.esp=1
Fr4nssonsLightTweaks.esp=0
Vivid Weathers - FO4.esp=1
WeatherSynergy-TruePriority-N.esp=1
More Smarter Companions Mod.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
Cait Morph V2.esp.079249.esp=1
Curie Morph.esp.1647C6.esp=1
Danse Morph.esp.027683.esp=1
Deacon Morph.esp.45AC9.esp=1
MacCready Morph.esp.02740E.esp=1
Piper Morph.esp.2F1E.esp=1
Preston Morph.esp.019FD9.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Vanilla Generators.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Vanilla Hammering.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Vanilla Turrets.esp=1
Quieter Settlements - Vanilla Water Purifiers.esp=1
Pip-Boy Flashlight.esp=1
Edited by jtrory

I had to remove Better Settlers among others. It comes up in a lot of framerate problem threads. And Fallout 4 doesn't do well with to many texture mods as stated above. Try disabling mods five at a time while in a problem crash area and see if anything changes. I've had to restart a couple of times, never crashed but long load screens are b&@*$ to fix and the best I have done is shorten the really bad ones and make most reasonable. Marlboro House, sp?, gives me an infinite load screen when exiting. To bad, really liked that place.

I had to remove Better Settlers among others. It comes up in a lot of framerate problem threads. And Fallout 4 doesn't do well with to many texture mods as stated above. Try disabling mods five at a time while in a problem crash area and see if anything changes. I've had to restart a couple of times, never crashed but long load screens are *censored* to fix and the best I have done is shorten the really bad ones and make most reasonable. Marlboro House, sp?, gives me an infinite load screen when exiting. To bad, really liked that place.

What's interesting is that I can spend hours in Sanctuary messing around with the settlement and not have any freezing or CTD. As soon as I get out into the world though it's a different story. I was having freezing whenever I approached Drumlin Diner, disabling Better Settlers seemed to fix it. But then about 30 minutes later in Lexington I was doing fine, then suddenly got two 2-3 second freezes, then the game CTD.

I think you guys might be right that it's graphics related mods. I've turned off some of the heavy ones and will keep playing to see what happens. I also followed some of the .ini tweaks for FO4 (which I also had to do with FO3) which might help the game handle the higher textures better. I've been in Sanctuary mostly since doing that, trying out some of the building mods, so I don't know if it's actually helped yet.

My spot is past Red Rocket and take the road to Concord. At the bottom of the incline on the road just past the first four or five houses where the road flattens out I get a massive stutter/freeze. I think a cell is loading there and if you have too much loading you get a hitch. Don't know enough to say for sure. Makes for a real easy check point, though. Just can't mod F4 like the rest of Beth's games. I've been running with mods since Oblivion came out. Oblivion, Morrowind, Skyrim, Skyrim SE, Fallout NV, all of which I usually have at least 40 or 50 texture mods. Fallout 3 is the exception, it is real picky for me.