Johnny 5...ALIVE!

Nimarus

I was just talking about Fallout 4 with my brother, and we started talking about Automatron. We both laughed over the idea of being able to build Johnny 5, from the classic 1986 film Short Circuit. I realized this was actually something I wanted, when I began to think about it. Johnny 5 rolling down Sanctuary, sees you and you want him to follow. Then, him saying his iconic "Johnny 5 Alive!" phrase as he follows closely behind you. Now imagine Johnny 5, upgraded with armor plating :laugh:

Another great thing about it, is a mod author could likely take audio clips of him from the movie, to use in the mod. I'm adding the video to this post, because the "NO DISASSEMBLE!" would be great in combat, when he has low health :laugh:

I'd have to second this awesome idea!

it's a great hypothetical, and I hope the mod author of "Huey Lewy and Dewy" will do it!

they did a fantastic job on that mod, so I have confidence they could make the Automatron or Standalone companion properly.

If we can have that murderous toaster from FONV/FO3 BigMT return,

why not a Johnny5'ish scrap-bot?

if we can have Rambler-Cranes, Soongs of the Wasteland (a synth replacer and companion mod),

Protectron Police armor disguise... (so, a RoboticLawEnforcer, of some kind?)

JudeLaw-trons, Cr4p-F4p-TR4P

ArenotGeeoriginal astrolabe-bot.

NDR114, Robbie the Robotto-san,

The Real Toasters of the Wasteland.

Angling-Angler Lopez,

Huey Lewy and Dewy... K9

why not a "Johnny 5" or "IDAK". :laugh:

-----

turning to the Audio hypothetical;

it will need a soundalike homage; it cannot be the audio in that way you alluded to.

luckily, there's a lot of talent voiceovers who sound very similar to Johnny 5.

I would probably put the Johnny 5 voicemodule part, on an Assault-tron or Protectron,

perhaps, kludge together a 'scrap-bot' from the parts packs...

I think you can kludge it almost,

using the "Better Robo-brains" mod, which adds those smaller robo-brains, and the 'small tank' robobrains, or the Security-Bot with RoboBrain,

or the RamblerCrane series Protectron.

they have similar treads.

it's the head part and arms which would be tricky at the present.