Help with Fallout New Vegas mods.

ScruffMcBuff

Hello i'm new here and i'm not sure if this is where i'm supposed to post this but i'm desperate to get mods working on fallout new vegas. I've been reading for hours and have watched so many videos on how to get them to work but none of it has helped. Just a brief overview of what I have done, Fallout New Vegas is installed, Nexus Mod Manager is installed, NVSE is installed and I checked in the command prompt in game that it is working. First I downloaded a bunch of mods and it crashed the game at start up. I then decided to completely start clean and did a fresh install of fallout new vegas and deleted all the mods. To test if my mods will work I downloaded one mod which is a simple loading screen change to see if I am doing this correctly, but the modded loading screen does not come up, (NVSE is still installed again after the fresh reinstall). My game is up to date, mod manager is up to date and the test mod is up to date and activated but it still won't work. I can not launch New Vegas from the mod manager i get error message: Steam Error Application load error 5:0000065434. This has always happened even with no mods installed. The only place i can launch the game is Steam or by running the NVSE launcher as an administrator, the actual New vegas launcher in the folder wont even launch the game and gives me that same error message. Sorry i'm sure that this has been asked a million times but i really need help and figured direct help from the community to me would be my best bet. I will answer any questions you guys need to ask. As far as PC specs go I have a gtx 1080, 6700k, and 16 gigs of ram with plenty of open hard drive space. Thank you in advance for the help.