Another model not showing up in game thread...

strungout

So, I'm having this problem that's driving me nuts:

Years ago I made a custom weapon (Baxter: Bat + Lawnmower Blade) put it in game and it worked!

A few years after that, I decided I'd play FO3 again, put back my weapon into the game and it worked!

I guess by now you know what's coming... but just in case: it doesn't work anymore... well, not totally.

Now, all I get ingame is a plain old Baseball Bat. I can tell its the vanilla bat because it doesn't have the lawnmower blade attached to it, but more importantly, it doesn't have the effect I put on it (Knockdown -- it's funny!).

It shows up in NifSkope and the GECK perfectly, just not ingame and I can't figure out why this time it won't work. I have not changed anything (except having resetting the textures cause it was showing up red).

Anyone have a similar problem or have any thoughts to share? I'd appreciate the help!

From the last time I had Baxter work ingame...

EDIT: Just to say that I also added, successfully, armor to the game. So, it's just the weapon that doesn't work.

Edited by strungout

So, I checked things with FO4Edit. All is good, it seems. But honestly I'm not quite sure what I should be looking for. I right-clicked and checked for error in my mod. Nothing.

I unticked all mods except mine and it's last in the loading order. No dice.

I found my old mod and with it (my new mod being unticked too) the weapon does appear as it should in-game (I can't use the workbench for some reason, but that's another issue... sigh).

Should be easy to find out why the new version of your mod doesn't display the weapon properly then.

Load both plugins into Fo3Edit, open them both up (with the little + symbols) and compare the records of both plugins.

@ BlackRampage: the difference that struck me is that the object bounds for the weapon in my new mod is that all the values (x1, y1, z1 etc.) are set to 0, for both the texture set and weapon.

I also didn't use "Weap" in the FormID of the weapon in the new mod, but I doubt that's it...

Edited by strungout