Help with Notepad++ setup for scripts

@BigAndFlabby well crap. I used the same file and named it Papyrus.xml and put it in the API folder but no luck. Ugh I may need to reinstall Npp and try the Autocomplete again with no other changes. Is there anything special about how you made or saved the Autocomplete xml file?

Nope. I just clicked the link on the wiki page. Hit save. It prompted to save as papyrus.xml. Saved it to downloads. Then moved it to the folder I stated. Check the Settings - Preferences - Auto-completion section to make sure you set that right. Enable on each input and function and word completion. That's what I chose.

When you moved it to the APIs folder did you see all the other xmls there?

Something I did just notice is that the auto completion is case sensitive. "Disable" and "disable" are not the same thing. Even though papyrus is not a case sensitive language.

Edited by BigAndFlabby

Yeah I saw in another forum that the case for the word Papyrus matters, so making the file name match the file contents is probably a good idea. All the wiki content show capitalized "Papyrus" in the file contents so I figured Papyrus.xml was the way to go.