Bigger skyrim

jamesmorlock

I am sorry to say this, but this idea of a bigger skyrim is absolutely ridiculous. Skyrim is big, and even though your character can run non-stop from Windhelm to Markarth in 36 hours, it doesn't mean that is realistic. Realistically speaking if you character started from Windhelm at a steady run, even the fittest person would be completely exhausted even before he reached the crossroads near Whiterun. That is because it mostly an uphil journey.

People don't realistically run from one end of the land to the other. If they run they may run for an hour or two and the slow down for awhile, and maybe even stop to take a break. Furthermore when evening comes they would be stopping to make camp. If they arrived in a town or city, they may stop even earlier to buy more supplies if need for the next day, after which they would check into the inn to leave early the next morning after an early breakfast. You also have to consider that most people would stop to eat a meal maybe midday, which would also be a time to rest to give more energy for the next leg of the trip.

Overall, a journey from Windhelm to Markarth at a steady walk with an occasional run for a hour of two including stops for breaks, meals, and sleep at night; should take from two and a half to three days, maybe even a little more.

Even horses can't realistically run the whole distance without collapsing a 1/3 of the way through. It would be too much for them to handle in one sitting.

However, traveling realistically like that all the time can make it boring for most players, that is why they run or use horse that run the distance. The game is not meant to be that realistic, it is meant to be fun. If you want more realism, than SLOW DOWN!!!.

Walk part of the way instead of running, take frequent breaks, and have your three meals sitting or at a camp. Put up camp for the night when evening comes or go to the nearby inn if you are near a city or a town. You, the player, have full control of how large or small Skyrim feels by controlling how quickly your character moves through it.

Edit: I made one mistake in writing all that. What I said is true if you are using the default 20:1 timescale. Oblviously, changing the timescale changes how large or small Skyrim feels. Skyrim is big, as I said, but it is not meant to be experienced on a timescale that is not 20:1.

Thus the slower the timescale you have, the smaller skyrim will feel, and likewise the long the timescale you have, the larger Skyrim will feel. So if you are using a timescale let's 5:1, Skyrim will feel smaller than it is supposed because essentially you are dragging out the day/night cycle to be longer than it is supposed.

Changing the timescale is totally up to you, but you must be fully aware of how it makes Skyrim feel when you do so.

Edited by OpenWorldAddict

• 1 month later...