7MrZ

9 members have voted

1. 1. How should I buy New Vegas?

• Steam - regular edition
    • Steam - Ultimate edition
    • Computer disc - regular edition
    • computer disc - ultimate edition
    • other

Hi, I just got my first laptop thats actually gaming capable, and I was very interested in buying two old games I used to play on xbox. The first I bought was red alert 3, which I bought using Steam, because everyone kept telling me how awesome steam is. Long story short, I now have to buy it AGAIN on PC DVD, because steam saves the file differently and I am unable to mod the game to actually use a custom resolution.

The main reason Im buying New Vegas for PC is because I love all these mods you guys made and can't wait to try them, but I dont know how I should buy the game to make it the most "mod friendly". So should I buy it on steam? On a real disc? Somewhere else? Should I get the ultimate edition or the regular edition? (I care more about mods than DLC, which edition is more mod friendly)

Thanks! I tried a google search and couldnt come up with anything

Even if you buy it on disc, it installs from Steam. All copies of FNV are "Steam copies," so there is no reason to walk into a store unless you want the box and a printed copy of the manual.

Absolutely get the Ultimate Edition; the DLCs for New Vegas are actually good.

I love the New Vegas DLCs! Money isnt an issue for me, Im just wondering if it would be more mod friendly for me to buy the regular edition then get the DLCs seperately

I love the New Vegas DLCs! Money isnt an issue for me, Im just wondering if it would be more mod friendly for me to buy the regular edition then get the DLCs seperately

in the case of New Vegas (and apparently Skyrim)

Disk or Steam - still Steam - still same modabiltiy

BTW Steam just loves to run 3/4 off sales on the older Bethesda games (like Oblivion, FO3 and Vegas) they ran this sale for US Thanksgiving and again for Christmas --- suspect they will do it again around Easter week.

Edited by Fonger

Ultimate. It's prepatched with the latest (Something.something.525 if I remember right) patch. While the DLC is automatically installed with it, you can disable it from the FONV data selector, any NV mod manager, or you could just delete DLC's that you don't want.

I don't know the exact prices but I think, on steam, the prices are ~20 for NV, ~8 for GRA, ~4 for CS, and DM, OWB, HH, and LR are all ~10 each. Bought seperatly they'd be around ~72. Ultimate edition, including everything just listed? $40.

Thanks for your help guys! Just bought the ultimate edition from steam. Thanks to google I already have a pretty big list, but are there any must have mods you guys would reccomend?

FOOK comes to mind right off.

I actually hadnt seen that one before..thanks! It seems like its basically the missing patch for New Vegas