Hoards of Louis Letrush

BrettM

I found three of Louis Letrush standing around near Whiterun Stables, with one of him half sunk in the ground. I tried following the advice on the wiki. I killed the one that was half sunk, and then did the markfordelete. No problem -- he went away. However, the others will not die. When I use kill on them, they just sink to the ground gasping, but not drawing their last breath. And they're multiplying. Now there are four of them, though at least none are stuck in the ground.

Help! Soon the entire hold will be wall-to-wall Louis Letrushes if I can't whittle down the population somehow.

(Yes, I know the topic title should be "hordes" instead of "hoards". Call it a loose nut behind my keyboard.)

Edited by BrettM

Just noticed this beginning to happen in my game last night. Started with one of him in the ground, then the next time I went to Whiterun there were two. I didn't know this was a common problem. Will he just continue to duplicate over and over again if left unchecked? I'll have to search for a fix I guess.

hi, encountering louis letrush duplicates outside whiterun is a unfixed skyrim bug,

if you've already completed a quest called 'promises to keep' i think and

witnessed an orc thug hired by maven black-briar killing louis; then, in console '~' select letrush type 'kill' enter, 'markfordelete' enter.

sheeeh poor guy..

Edited by xlcr

The Louisis are there to remind you that you stole a horse.

That's what I'd figured ... and the Alik'r just inside the gates of Whiterun are there to remind you that you killed Kematu.

That's a long-standing but harmless bug. If you get it and want to get rid of it, use console

Did you read my original post? The one where I said I DID use the console, but the recommended procedure on the wiki did not work for me except for the one imbedded in the ground? Not being a console expert and not being stupid enough to just mess around with a dangerous facility that I don't understand well, I started this topic so the experts could suggest alternative ways of solving the problem. "Use the console" does not seem to qualify as helpful advice under the circumstances.