Vanilla 4k "Armors" (we have RUSTIC clothing SE already) :D

AVERAGEcritic890

Hi as the title says, Skyrim Special Edition is in dire need of 4k or even just 2k Vanilla "Armor" re-textures. Gamwich brought us RUSTIC Clothing which has spoiled me senseless, so much so that I'm literally staying in the clothes and fur armor that he re-textured to 4k!!! It looks amazing. My machine can handle any thing this community dishes out and so can more people in the community. Is their not an armor mod someone can port from Oldrim or Legendary?

Oh and nexus mod manager user friendly :D

Edited by AVERAGEcritic890

For default armors, the best around are from Book of Silence. The default retextures work perfectly well in SSE. If you use the installer, DO NOT install the glass variants or differently ebony, as those add a non-converted esp to add standalone armors of the different colors.

It might be a better idea to just go through Cabal's Nexus page to look at all the armors. Book of Silence only has default 2k res, but there are some hi-res 4k options on separate armor pages, as well as some different options not found in the Book of Silence collection (brighter hide fur, etc).

You can install any mod manually by downloading the zip, and then using the big green + in the NMM to find the file and add it. That will unpack and install the mod in the appropriate place.

Edited by nightscrawl

For default armors, the best around are from Book of Silence. The default retextures work perfectly well in SSE. If you use the installer, DO NOT install the glass variants or differently ebony, as those add a non-converted esp to add standalone armors of the different colors.

It might be a better idea to just go through Cabal's Nexus page to look at all the armors. Book of Silence only has default 2k res, but there are some hi-res 4k options on separate armor pages, as well as some different options not found in the Book of Silence collection (brighter hide fur, etc).

You can install any mod manually by downloading the zip, and then using the big green + in the NMM to find the file and add it. That will unpack and install the mod in the appropriate place.

Whoa! Very helpful didn't know i could use skyrim mods for SE, Ya I'm not very mod savvy i will take a look I'm just now installing all my mods again and at the perfect moment for some research

Whoa! Very helpful didn't know i could use skyrim mods for SE, Ya I'm not very mod savvy i will take a look I'm just now installing all my mods again and at the perfect moment for some research

Well you can and you can't. Most retextures work, with the main exception being landscapes. You'll need SSE landscape textures. Meshes also need conversion. An esp needs to be re-saved in the 64-bit Creation Kit as well. You can use some non-converted meshes and esps in SSE, but you might get crashes.

In general, it's worthwhile to browse both mod sections.