Ocheeva Goes Mad

Inafog

I reached the point in the DB questline where Ocheeva gives my character the sealed order to see Lucien L. about the Purification. As my character was leaving, Ocheeva drew her weapon and rushed to attack Antoinetta Marie. I tried to calm them down by paralyzing them a couple of times, but they continued to fight until A.M was dead.

Ocheeva then attacked my character, who, not wishing to fight her, ran out of the Sanctuary into Cheydinhal. Ocheeva followed, through the deserted house, across the lawns and two bridges, fighting with one guard and continuing her pursuit until, near the street up to the palace, she was cornered by three guards and knocked out. (Being Essential, she was not killed).

When she rose up she was her usual polite self again and walked back to the Sanctuary.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any idea why?

I have a modest number of mods (about 30) but they are things like Phitts Artifacts, Salmo the Baker, The Rangers Fox, and Alluring Potion Bottles. None affect the Dark Brotherhood or general character behavior, appearance, or quests.

I have been back to the Sanctuary a couple of times since Ocheeva's outbreak and she has not done it again. (My character is not actually going to do the Purification quest, so the Sanctuary is indeed a sanctuary for its inmates. It would be ironic if despite this they killed each other.)