What would be your ideal RPG?

Deleted472477User

Many, many good points here. To those good points I'll add: make it moddable. If legal reasons prevent the release of a creation kit/tool set/mod creator, at least tell those interested in modding what the file formats are, and what's packed in what .big, .savegame or .whatever file rather than let modding communities stumble around in the dark and discovering by trial and error.

What makes the TES series, FO3, FONV, DA:O so great was the extent to which you could create (or download on Nexus!) customized content suited to each individual's style of play. *sigh* I sure wish Mass Effect would've had a tool set ... is it me, or does it seem like every game developer EA gets under their thumb soon drops their mod tools? Not that I'm singling out BioWare...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes more modding for DA series please. Proper tools as the elven race in DA2 was soooooo not beautiful to look at.

I could say "look in the mirror" but I'm not that cruel, instead read Tolkein and rinse your mouth out for even thinking elves could be ugly

:tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

:tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue: :biggrin:

My ideal rpg? Take Dark Souls, improve the graphics, and make an infinite world where the land and all its contents keep randomly generating for as far as you can walk. The farther you travel, the harder the game gets.

It would be difficult to get shortcuts like Dark Souls has to work with a randomly generated world, but I'm sure it's possible.

Edited by Aegrus

I want a multi-tiered/multi-choice story version of The Legend of Dragoon and Xenogears along with Final Fantasy's extensive bestiary, mixed with Skyrim's modability, & Dark Souls open-world/action-based combat/equipment system.

• 1 month later...

I would be content with a bug-free skyrim.

But while I'm reaching for the stars, I'll call out for an Updated Morrowind! (New graphics ofc, but also new content and w/o restricting freedoms such as equipment slots, levitation, expansive spellbase, etc.).

Could get into detail about custom RPG preferences, but honestly Bethesda makes them close enough to what I'd like. Restrictions and bugs aside :P

I have to say Fable 3 has the most polished looking game to date, although its capped at 30fps, it sttill amazes me how much detial they put into the buildings, the open concept should be in every game. I'm looking at you Bethesda http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif Edited by Thor.