Merging mod question

kvngreeley

Hi, everyone. I have read everything I can on merging mods, but I still have a couple of questions.

Can I merge mods that have folders for meshes, textures, etc. or am I only supposed to merge mods that just have .esp files?

Also, can you merge a mod with one that it is dependent on, such as a fix mod with what it fixes or a clothes mod that requires and builds off another clothes mod?

I am going to expirment with merging all the Emma's Head mods, but I really want to merge others because I have more than 255 that I want to use.

Thanks!

You will probably get problems if you merge several mods at once so I think you should rather merge them one by one.

You can merge mods with additional textures and meshes, I've already done it and it works fine.

I never merged a mod with its fix. I think you should better check for conflicts first using the TES plugin conflict detector and remove the malfunctioning elements in the mod with a mod cleaner like Morrowind enchanted editor.

Thanks for that advice! I plan on starting to experiment tonight. I think I have everything backed up so hopefully I won't mess anything up. I have some mods that deal with Seyda Neen so I should be able to check pretty quickly if things appear to be working.

Thanks again!

So I experimented and it worked great! I even merged dozens of mods at the same time without any problems. I created 4 new Combined mods .esp files. CHARGEN Options, Miscellaneous Items, New Clothes, and New Merchants. I started testing and I can immediately see that many of the mods are working as normal. I did get a warning in MLOX and a couple of warnings in the game because two of the mods I didn't combine were looking for two mods that I had Combined. Luckily they were both in the Merchant Combined mod so I just made a new version without them.

I Combined about 115 mods into 4 .esp files!

I freed up a lot of space in my load order. I also had to switch to Wyre Mash to merge leveled lists because the TESTool errored out.

I hope this helps someone else how might search for this topic!

Thanks!

Thanks for mentioning that. I don't know exactly what it means but I have looked it up and will continue to read more. I am trying to learn more about creating mods and how they work but it is a very slow process.

Could you possibly give me an example of when this might happen? I'm not really sure what kind of mods use global variables. For instance, if I am merging mods that add heads, hairs, and birthsigns, would they potentially use global variables?

Thanks!