ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Merging mods

FireIdar

Guys I have a simple request that I wasn't able to get from looking on-line. There is two mods here doing relatively the same thing, Hunting In Skyrim and Hunterborn. I've used Hunterborn for ages before discovering Hunting In Skyrim. The problem is that I want to use the trapping and skinning aspect of Hunting for better immersion but keep Hunterborn but don't want to sacrifice another slot in my mod manager since it claims I'm already full. Also I'm afraid that using both may cause a conflict somewhere. I have Creation Kit and everything but have NEVER used it before and my question is is there a way to take those aspects and merge them into Hunterborn to make one edited mod? I have no desire to release it to the public so I won't he doing anything to...upset the original creators, this will be MY version for MY own personal use and immersion, so how would I be able to do this IF it can be done?

Can someone get back to me on this and if it can be done give me instructions-or a link to someone who can?

Much appreciated. :confused: :sad: :happy:

you could make them play friendly with one another if you removed the skinning aspect. But that is something you do not wish to do. There doesn't seem to be comp. patches out there. So you will have to either do it yourself or put up a thread in the mod request section and hope some one helps out.

and for having loads of mods... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/? <--- Merge Plugins. Took me from the 255 limit to 120 esp's.

Hi.

The old version of "Hunting in Skyrim" (1.37) was compatible with Hunterborn. You "only" have to decide for one skinning system (disable the one from Hunterborn within Hunterborn or get the patch for "Hunting in Skyrim" to use the one from Hunterborn) and if I remember correctly you have to choose "manual loot" on the first (?) "Hunting in Skyrim"-quest.

But there's a new 2.0 version with lots of changes which (at least on the non-SE-site) is considered "beta". I don't know if that one is compatible to Hunterborn or not.

I can't tell you how to exactly merge mods on skyrim and the "rules" for it. Sorry.

But maybe have a look at this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/? (You should find a guide somewhere.)

greetings koohii54

edit: @Dusty4life are you referring to the "Hunting in Skyrim" 2.0-version or the old one ?

Edited by koohii54

Hi,

I haven't installed "Hunting in Skyrim" for a long time. Because I don't like the skinning part of that one (I always felt sorry for the animals... somehow.... ).

Ok I've Hunterborn running and just installed "Hunting in Skyrim" -> without specific patch, settings (was "Hunting in Skyrim" without MCM ?) it's using the skinning system from "Hunting in Skyrim". So in theory I guess you can "switch" back to the skinning system from Hunterborn when you can configure "Hunting in Skyrim". But that's only for the "old Hunting in Skyrim" (1.37).

I'm not going to test it with "Hunting in Skyrim" 2.0 because as far as I read it doesn't have the quests yet.

@Dusty4life: Even if it's possible to merge those two mods (as I said I don't know the "rules" for merges on Skyrim), I probably wouldn't merge a mod in progress which might be changed several times in the near future (in case @Fireldar is referring to the 2.0-version of "Hunting in Skyrim").

greetings koohii54

you could make them play friendly with one another if you removed the skinning aspect. But that is something you do not wish to do. There doesn't seem to be comp. patches out there. So you will have to either do it yourself or put up a thread in the mod request section and hope some one helps out.

and for having loads of mods... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/? <--- Merge Plugins. Took me from the 255 limit to 120 esp's.

I looked at that when I was trying to find it on line. Frankly using something like that would leave me afraid I'd do something wrong and stuff everything up. Besides, most of my mods don't match like Hunting\Hunterborn does. I have mostly graphics mods, armors\clothes, animations and then one or two weapons mods. If it worked I would reinstall Cloaks and could probably merge that with WIC cloaks, but that is all I could probably do. I don't want to REMOVE the skinning aspect, I want to use Hunting's skinning over Hunterborn. Using my improved graphics and using Hunterborn in my opinion BREAKS my immersion when skinning an animal leaves....an animal with a skin. The unique models left by skinning in Hunting In Skyrim feels more immersive. However the animal trapping and skinning is ALL I want from it, everything else to me doesn't interest me. I prefer Hunterborn for that.

Hi.

The old version of "Hunting in Skyrim" (1.37) was compatible with Hunterborn. You "only" have to decide for one skinning system (disable the one from Hunterborn within Hunterborn or get the patch for "Hunting in Skyrim" to use the one from Hunterborn) and if I remember correctly you have to choose "manual loot" on the first (?) "Hunting in Skyrim"-quest.

But there's a new 2.0 version with lots of changes which (at least on the non-SE-site) is considered "beta". I don't know if that one is compatible to Hunterborn or not.

I can't tell you how to exactly merge mods on skyrim and the "rules" for it. Sorry.

But maybe have a look at this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/? (You should find a guide somewhere.)

greetings koohii54

edit: @Dusty4life are you referring to the "Hunting in Skyrim" 2.0-version or the old one ?

I have Hunterborn 1.5 and Hunting In Skyrim beta 2 version 1,5.

There is NO patch between Hunterborn and Hunting In Skyrim. My problem is I don't want to USE Hunting In Skyrim, just the skinning and trapping aspect. All the trophy making and such just seems...too much for me. Hunterborn keeps it simple, skinning to use pelts, harvesting items makes alchemy ingredients and items for Scrimshaw which lets you make jewelry, armor, that sort of thing then meat for cooking. I don't need or want a trophy of an frost troll in my house.

As for the merge plugin thing I won't help my computer, only let me load more in. I want to use one mod with what I want instead of two.

Hi,

I haven't installed "Hunting in Skyrim" for a long time. Because I don't like the skinning part of that one (I always felt sorry for the animals... somehow.... ).

Ok I've Hunterborn running and just installed "Hunting in Skyrim" -> without specific patch, settings (was "Hunting in Skyrim" without MCM ?) it's using the skinning system from "Hunting in Skyrim". So in theory I guess you can "switch" back to the skinning system from Hunterborn when you can configure "Hunting in Skyrim". But that's only for the "old Hunting in Skyrim" (1.37).

I'm not going to test it with "Hunting in Skyrim" 2.0 because as far as I read it doesn't have the quests yet.

@Dusty4life: Even if it's possible to merge those two mods (as I said I don't know the "rules" for merges on Skyrim), I probably wouldn't merge a mod in progress which might be changed several times in the near future (in case @Fireldar is referring to the 2.0-version of "Hunting in Skyrim").

greetings koohii54

I have Hunterborn 1.5 and Hunting In Skyrim beta 2 version 1,5.

I want to use the skinning and trapping from Hunting In Skyrim ONLY with Hunterborn, I want the skinning of Hunting to replace the skinning of Hunterborn. I have improved graphic mods on my computer and It REALLY breaks immersion when skinned animals have skin still. However a lot of aspects of Hunting doesn't interest me in the least, like the trophy aspect, I don't see a use for it. Maybe if my character was some big game hunter, but he's not, he's traveling Tamerial solving problems and slaying dragons, only going home long enough to put away his treasures and maybe sleep. The skinning, harvesting, butchering and such of killing an animal makes sense in this way.Even if there was a way to move the models for the skinned bodies over to Hunterborn, well, that would be fine (although I would also want trapping I think I could be happy with just the model replacement).

Hi.

Sorry, I was a little bit tired earlier. And I guess we have a misunderstanding.

First for the compatibility I was referring to the "normal" Skyrim and not SE (in case you're talking about Skyrim SE).

On the Hunterborn page it is stated: Hunting in Skyrim is fully compatible. The option to use HiS skinned animal models can be enabled in the Hunterborn MCM.

That's what I was referring to as "patch". But I tested it only with the 1.37 version of "Hunting in Skyrim". If you install it, Hunterborn will use that skinning system ("naked" animals instead of "normal" ones). It wasn't necessarry to change something in the MCM of Hunterborn. But as I said earlier: I don't know if it works the same with version 2.0 of "Hunting in Skyrim".

And I misunderstood what you meant with "merge". I thought you were referring to having too many plugins / files and need to merge some of them to have less and can get new plugins.

Sorry, no idea if what you want is possible or how to do it.

greetings koohii54