Craftable shipments from base components?

stebbinsd

I found a mod that let's me craft shipments at the chem station. However, this mod requires bottlecaps to craft these shipments. Essentially, I'm still buying shipments, just doing so at the chem station rather than a vendor stall.

I'd like a mod that lets me craft shipments ... using 25 or 50 of the standard components! Essentially, I would like the ability to turn my literal thousands of resource components into weightless shipments. That way, I can carry all my components around with me without them weighing me down, so I'd have all of them at my disposal when I found a new settlement WITHOUT having to assign a settler as a caravan first!

Is there a mod out there that lets me do that?

I have done basically 5 complete play throughs, and 4 or 5 false starts where I didn't like the direction I was headed in. I'm at just over 2000 game hours now on Fallout 4. I started using mods because of boredom with the Bethesda story line. I still haven't found all the little secrets that still draw me in. I found that a weight limit sucked. My solution was to use the console command, "set carryweight", despite the fact that it's not lore friendly. My reasoning was and is that, any mod that removes weight as a factor of game play, is still not lore friendly, And my way doesn't use up a mod slot. I do play on a PC which gives me more freedom than a console can usually give. If possible I suggest using a console command. Way less headache.

I found a mod that let's me craft shipments at the chem station. However, this mod requires bottlecaps to craft these shipments. Essentially, I'm still buying shipments, just doing so at the chem station rather than a vendor stall.

I'd like a mod that lets me craft shipments ... using 25 or 50 of the standard components! Essentially, I would like the ability to turn my literal thousands of resource components into weightless shipments. That way, I can carry all my components around with me without them weighing me down, so I'd have all of them at my disposal when I found a new settlement WITHOUT having to assign a settler as a caravan first!

Is there a mod out there that lets me do that?

hmmm. So lore wise, it's basically carrying around paper saying "when I need to, send me XX of YY via Coyote's Acme Mail Instant Delivery System."

That should be rather simple to do.

Yes, supply lines link all the craft mats, but that does you no good when setting up a new settlement.

I've gotten over 2k wood from scrapping at some places, and a stupid amount of steel at others.

Not to mention, trying to remember which one has all the goodies.

Yeah, I'll do this one tonight. I like the idea. I'll do it as a standalone and in the AIO mod.

Nice part for the console folks, no extra assets needed, so can have on PS4.

Question is, where to craft them? (probably chem station)

Really need another craft place, like a desk or something for a lot of the things. Oh well.

'nother thought, can also tie larger versions into perks. 25 base, 50 with 1 perk, 100 with others.

(otherwise, you know how long you'll be there doing 1 ea of 25 to use up 1000 of something)

I'm thinking to have COST though.

eg: 25 steel shipment needs:

25 steel

1 paper/cloth (have to write it on something)

5 caps (cost of ink, delivery charge)

so the extra cost is minimal, but lore friendly.

shipment of 50 would be 10 caps 1 cloth, 100 would be 15 caps 1 cloth. (volume discount)

:)

hmmm. So lore wise, it's basically carrying around paper saying "when I need to, send me XX of YY via Coyote's Acme Mail Instant Delivery System."

To be fair, isn't that how shipments work in vanilla? You still have the sheets of paper in your inventory, and you can redeem them literally anywhere. Not just a settlement. A workbench or chem station in a dungeon can also scrap the shipments into components.

I'll do it as a standalone and in the AIO mod.

I hope you don't mind me asking ... what's AIO?

'nother thought, can also tie larger versions into perks. 25 base, 50 with 1 perk, 100 with others.

(otherwise, you know how long you'll be there doing 1 ea of 25 to use up 1000 of something)

I'm thinking to have COST though.

eg: 25 steel shipment needs:

25 steel

1 paper/cloth (have to write it on something)

5 caps (cost of ink, delivery charge)

so the extra cost is minimal, but lore friendly.

shipment of 50 would be 10 caps 1 cloth, 100 would be 15 caps 1 cloth. (volume discount)

:smile:

Can you make a version that doesn't require the cloth & caps?

Is it really lore friendly to assume that someone would carry 100 steel "items" to every corner of the commonwealth just for 15 caps?

Answer: Don't ask those questions, otherwise the whole lore background of Fallout will collapse

Well, the shipments are just an order for whatever it is. You can buy them at vendors, and they are speedily delivered to the workbench when you redeem them.

This would just be making your own shipments to do the same thing. (which is why I called it the Wile E Coyote Acme Instant Mail Delivery Service) :D

It's more of a time saver in a way. Like I said, there is no inventory management system in the game, so you would have to manually track how much is at each

settlement. Once it is large enough to have a supply line, then all of them kind of get merged.

I could do 2 versions, one with no "cost" and one without. Same for perk usage. (which I may or may not do, I'll have to see)

Put the cost in for the initial make, save mod, then just go through all the recipies and delete the cloth/caps req. simple enough.

Or I could just say "this is how I made it, end of story" :tongue:

EDIT: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26624/?

XB1 version available, it won't let me upload for PS4 for some reason. working on that.

I can easily drop the caps req, but there really should be some requirement to actually make them. There's no paper mat, newspapers are turned into cloth.

1 cloth is kind of minor, so.... we'll see.

AIO - All In One. (for the other post)

:smile:

Edited by skubblebubble