CPA Snap Points not working. Help!

Rorax

SOLVED!

I feel like I'm going insane.

I created a custom model and such, in this case a floor piece and in order to apply snaps to it I lifted the BSConnectPoint::Parents branch directly from Dlc05WrhsFloorSlate01.nif (warehouse slate floor)
Now I have done a couple things to try and get them to work.
1.I compared the two in nifskope side by side and made sure the strings were correct.
2.I copied the WorkshopConnectPoints NiNode from the slate floor and childed it correctly to the 0 NiNode in my own model
3.When that didn't work I follow an old snap point tutorial on youtube which didn't even have a parent for the connect points. So I removed their parent string and removed the WorkshopConnectPoints NiNode
4.Still an't working.

Whats currently happening in game is that it will magnetise to the ground at the base of the floor tile OR with another workshop object bellow it will magnetise to its maximum height.
It will not raise and lower smoothly, and it won't snap to anything.
Strangely enough other things will snap to /it/

Its so damn weird, send help.

The nif is linked below:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9VtzmeJu4hGaHJaamg2NUpDdEU

Edited by Rorax

Take a look at this:

Hopefully this isn't the tutorial you followed on YouTube.

This is exactly the video I followed and why I removed the strings parents in the CPA children :tongue: But thanks for trying.

Edited by Rorax

Here we go:

Hope something here helps!

Thanks again for finding those. I followed them to the letter but nothing has fixed it.

I took a different approach and dug up ShackMidFloor01Foundation02.nif on a theory that my multiple collision objects were what were getting in the way.

I have since reordered my nif to match that one as closely as possible. Including block order in the hopes that /something/ gives.

Turns out. That for HOURS I was barking up the wrong tree. My entire problem was on the CK side.

To ensure that a object like this sinks properly unlike a flat floor. It must have the WorkshopPlacementAllowWaterAv in the Actor Values of its Static object -_-

Have a picture for our troubles.

https://i.imgur.com/lYCTcqu.png