TES Construction Set not working

Aoikani

Well I like your work, so I am personally delighted that you have this sorted out. Now no more excuses, back to work on the Underdark....yes I do try to be well informed.

Buddah

:thanks: I'm happy to say I think we have a lot done.

Aoikani

• 1 year later...
Ok, I found my problem. Somehow my drivers were exchanged, changed or something for my display. Although it mimicked my original driver, the driver that was there couldn't meet CS requirements, so BECAUSE... :verymad: system disks aren't provided with new pc's anymore. I downloaded from the manufacturer's website and fixed it.

CS works now. gah... :blink: what a hassle. I don't know what or how that the drivers were switched.

Aoikani

And how did you do that? I got the same problem. I am creating my first and new mod and this happenned. how can I do what you did ?

• 2 years later...

Hey, im having the same problem, excpet cs has never worked except for morrowind. (I know theres a CS for morrowind, and CS for oblivion... i uninstalled CS for morrowind, and morrowind, and installed CS for oblivion)

I installed oblivion in my C drive, but not in program files. CS is in my oblivion folder.

It crashes immediately on startup, saying TES Consturction Set has stopped working

I have both fully updated CS and oblivion

I turned my UAC notifications thing all the way down (Control panel, user accounts, change user account control setting), and even ran as administrater and still nothing... i also hit properties, went to security and allowed full control for all users

I cant think of any more info to put, but if theres anything u need to know please ask

• 2 weeks later...

>.< Now I have the same problem but a new driver wont fix the damn thing wtf!!

Reinstalled everything so complete clean installed of MW, Tribunal and BM and still Tes wont start up.....same error as above but not a gfx issue - evidently.

• 3 months later...

I got an issue similar but I don't know if it's a simple fix or not lord knows how much stress it's put me through... I run vista of course that's my first mistake... I've disabled UAC, firewall, I redownloaded the CS over and over with or without those security options running, But the big problem is still the same it does not matter what the warning is when I get just a single warning then saving is impossible I tried to make a test save and the shivering isles and knights of the nine gave me an error about an item not being unique and CS basically just denied me the right to save and crashed maliciously on me everytime I've put the game on the desktop, so it don't lock up loading the master file I thought i fixed it but alas I did not. I put it to run as admin, I even tried to run it in a xp service pack 2 compatibility and nothing will fix the issue.

If it's a hardware problem I have a Radeon x600 series and only one gig of ram and 2.6 ghz dual core pentium D... updating the drivers I have yet to do so it might be this.

If it's OS Related I'm thinking of attempting to just downgrade to XP... if the issue lies in the OS Which i feel it is because dad's pc has a crappier graphics card but he has 2 gigs of ram I played it on his just fine, even with the same errors popping up... of course he runs XP... I don't know if anyone has had this problem because i've checked I might not be wording it right or something... any input would be very very helpful.