NMM won't load winzip files....

vulcanizer

Ok so I am getting this problem where my Nexus Mod Manager won't load the winzip files but can perfectly well do so the directly downloaded ones....Is it because my Winzip trial has expired ???

I previously directly pasted extracted winzip folders and files in my skyrim directory directly. But ever since I discovered that you can use zip files directly via NMM, I never bothered with the winzip version and never bogt it.

Ok so I am getting this problem where my Nexus Mod Manager won't load the winzip files but can perfectly well do so the directly downloaded ones....Is it because my Winzip trial has expired ???

I previously directly pasted extracted winzip folders and files in my skyrim directory directly. But ever since I discovered that you can use zip files directly via NMM, I never bothered with the winzip version and never bogt it.

Thanks for responding. But until now even the big ones worked perfectly and suddenly they don't....

I also own neither of the 2 softwares....

So are these files not working because my winzip expired??

Any other method can you suggest me??

Ummm.... What do you mean opened natively ??? Unfortunately I don't understand... Does that mean Windows 10 comes with free winzip?? But Mine keeps telling me to buy full version and has expired.....

Thanks for replying!!!

What it means (to put it simply) is that Windows - since at least XP - has built-in support for opening .zip files; you could think of it as a replacement for WinZip built in. The reason for using WinZip is that it's sometimes faster for more complex files, but the normal user won't see a difference. WinZip is actually made by a different company, Corel Corporation, and technically has nothing to do with Windows - other than name. I assume it was installed by your computer manufacturer (e.g. Dell, HP, Acer, etc.), because it doesn't normally come with the bare Windows that Microsoft sells to these manufacturers. The best way to go about replacing it is to download 7zip from here: http://www.7-zip.org/download.html - the file labeled:

Download .exe 32-bit x86 7-Zip for 32-bit Windows

is the file you want. You should be prompted to download "7z1701.exe". Double-click it, and a box will pop up asking you to select a destination folder. Leave it at what it says and click "Install". Once it's done, press the "close" button. You should be able to open .zip, .rar, and .7z files with it now. If not, PM me and I'll be glad to walk you through it.

@TheGreatFallro

Thanks a Lot for your offer to help!!! Unfortunately I already downloaded the 7zip and was on trial version which expired.......Now some mods I download are available as zip files which I run using the Nexus Mod Manager. I use the add mod from file option to run the particular mod.... But since the past few days my NMM won't register those zip files anymore. My guess was because my trial pack expired or there is maybe I encounterd a glitch with the NMM. So this is basically my problem I am not sure what is causing this, NMM glitch or my Winzip Expiry.....

I immensly appreciate your offer to help!!!

No, NMM doesn't use need to use WinZip or 7-zip when it installs files, so your expired trial shouldn't have anything to do with that. I'd just go ahead and uninstall WinZip because you don't need it anyway. Also, what do you mean your 7-zip trial expired? It's open source and doesn't have a trial or paid version. Just go to the 7-Zip website and download the latest version.

Also, where did the zips you downloaded manually come from? They might not be packaged correctly for NMM to install them.

Edited by Grospolina

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Thanks for replying... Oops I mixed up with 7-zip and winzip...Well The manually downloaded zips come from Loverslab and had never given me trouble until recently....I have installed quite a few mods in such a fashion and never had this trouble before.....