[WIPz] Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE64)

ianpatt

Is there any news on a workable version of this fantastic script (for want of a better word), it works so well with original game it would be fantastic to have it in the new version (which I have just purchased even though I have all the original DLC's and s#*! for the original (that's how much I love this game). Please say you are still working on this.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is tagged as for [mod] Developers only but it *is* out.

2.06 of SKSE64 works with 1.5.23 of Skyrim SE.

Do not expect 'user' support, as it's still WIPz but a number of mods requiring SKSE have made their way over to Skyrim SE.

I'm perhaps living on the edge, willing for my game to have issues and not caring if I have to start a save over again, but it's working a treat. (I'm super curious about the last post on the previous page saying that Skyrim LE Wet & Cold works with Skyrim SE + SKSE64.)

Perhaps we need a User-to-User SKSE64 Beta thread to discuss this and leave more WIP discussion alone? Just thoughts :)

May I respectfully ask the powers-that-be if we can expect an SKSE64 Beta in the near future? I seem to recall reading that if there are no further updates to runtime 1.5.23, a Beta can be delivered / proclaimed / issued / announced by the end of January. True?

I would like an answer to this question too... respectfully of-course. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Grrr, cannot get SKSE2.0.6 to play with SE version 1.5.23.08?

Even used Gopher's cautious video and carefully added all... ran as Win10 Administartor

Simply tries to open and gets stuck in a loop

is the runtime 23.08 just .08 to much?

Should be OK.

http://i63.tinypic.com/33cpyu1.jpg

I'm not exactly playing it safe; Skyrim SE is running through SKSE64 which in turn is being launched by a recent build of Mod Organiser 2.

But it definitely works.

Edited by ozoak

In my case, it tries to launch, get the typical black box, but, the blue Win10 mini blue circle of death just keeps spinning periodically, like it is trying to load more but just can't... hey, why not type about a technical issue in poetic human terms...

...in the end, it'll be something simple I overlooked, reviewing Gopher's words of wisdom stll isn't helping sadly -- and the man is good.

Loaded via Nexus MM by letting NMM pull the SKSE data file in as a .rar file.

Edited by Gormghlas

Gee, that's really helpful, saying "lol no it works meng".

I am having the same problem. Tried with both NMM, direct launch, and ModDrop even. No dice. The command box for SKSE pops up, immediately disappears, and then.....................................

NOTHING.

I can't provide much help, because I don't know anything about how the other user installed it (aside from a Gopher vid ref).

What I can do is assert it should be possible to correct, by demonstrating it working with the same build #.

I can provide info about my install, in case it helps provide clues as to what the difference could be.

In my case, it tries to launch, get the typical black box, but, the blue Win10 mini blue circle of death just keeps spinning periodically, like it is trying to load more but just can't... hey, why not type about a technical issue in poetic human terms...

...in the end, it'll be something simple I overlooked, reviewing Gopher's words of wisdom stll isn't helping sadly -- and the man is good.

Loaded via Nexus MM by letting NMM pull the SKSE data file in as a .rar file.

My install I have Steam installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ but I have steam data on E:\Games\Steam\.

My first two thoughts are:

1\ Make sure your Skyrim build is 1.5.23 (this is the ver you can see in File Properties through Windows, 1.5.23.08 is the full build # visible inside Skyrim SE itself)

2\ Make sure you've only got the Alpha build of SKSE64 2.0.6 and didn't accidentally leave the 2.0.4 launcher exe in the Skyrim SE folder

^ if the build #'s aren't aligned then it wont work.

3\ Try without any mod manager 'handling' SKSE for you

^ Honestly I almost never run Beth games without using a manager, but the entirety of SKSE (of F4SE, or any other script extender) is always installed, so even if I'm running vanilla Skyrim SE the SKSE is there. When I started using SKSE64 I installed everything manually, then checked it ran with vanilla Skyrim SE, no mods or anything but just to demonstrate it had hooked in and the 'GetSKSEVersion' command would run from console. And, to be fair, the first time I tried - it did not work. The game didn't crash, or anything, it just didn't load SKSE (I'd had version mismatch between Skyrim SE and SKSE64).

4\ If possible move Steam data out of C:\Program Files (x86)\.

^ If you've got Steam still storing all games in that folder then there's a chance that Windows UAC or antimalware might be interfering I suppose.

disclaimer: I actually do software support as my day job, but I don't support SKSE64. I can provide some guidance based on things I can see that could go wrong, but honestly I've never had too much trouble personally getting SKSE working so exposure to actual issues beyond theoretical is limited.