ℹ️ Download History temporarily unavailable ×

Frustrated

Triaxx2

Okay, I'm really kind of frustrated with the Creation Kit at the moment. My idea was to start with, to take the Guardian Circle Spell, and turn it into a booster for mages to increase both natural magicka regeneration, and provide a slow trickle of magicka as long as you were in the circle.

Well, so far that hasn't worked. I've managed to get it to drop a rune, with some fire, but no actual effect on anything. Of course I have no clue how I did it, or why it did nothing else,Mostly though, I end up with a spell that just makes my hand glow and won't charge, and won't do anything.

I suspected I might have to play with Papyrus Scripting, but that's apparently a no go. First of all I had to go into the Data files to create a Source directory so I could even create a new script and it flat out refuses to do anything with it, saying it can't find a .flg file, and that it can't find any sort of effect that the script is supposedly effecting.

HELP, please? I'm really completely at the end of my rope. I'd be absurdly grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

OK, I took a look at the Guardian Circle spell and figured out how it works. I think I know how to add an effect to increase magicka regeneration, which is what you want, right?

Find the magic effect "GuardianCircleRestoreHealthFFContact" and double-click to edit it. Change the ID to something like "GuardianCircleFortifyMagickaRateFFContact" and click OK to create a new magic effect. Now edit it by changing Assoc. Item 1 to "MagickaRate" and remove the current keyword. You should probably add a keyword there so the only things that seem appropriate is either "MagicEnchFortifyMagickaRate" or "MagicAlchFortifyMagickaRate". Click OK and you're done with the magic effect.

Next, find the spell "HazardGuardianCircleSpell" and double-click to edit it. Add your new effect in and give it something like 10 magnitude and 2 duration. Click OK and you're done with the spell.

Time to save your mod and test it out in the game!

Edited by fg109

You sir, are an absolute and utter GENIUS. I was attempting to modify the completely wrong thing. I thank you from the very bottom of my magicka using heart.

I have a feeling that this will make Destruction a much more useful school, particularly those mana hogging Master spells.

Thank you so very much.