Thanks BIOWARE, can't play yet even though I legitimately bought t

SpellAndShield

what's more, because I needed to create a new account for Origin I could only register the game under that account meaning if I want to post about ME3 stuff I have to use that account, which means this one is effectively useless. Release date check? Are you kidding me? you want to see my receipt? I can't play a game I legally bought because you don't want people in Europe to play it yet? I can predict that people will grow tired of jumping through hoops for you. I remember when you could buy a game, install it and play it. Remember that novel concept? Maybe next time you should/can distribute EA chips to insert in our brains so we can register properly. Seriously...if I didn't love ME3 I would be done with you. What is the point of this?

No real point in releasing things earlier in the US if they are going to do that.

Come to think of it, I cannot understand any reason to release earlier in the US, period. At least with the way Bethesda does it, there isn't this region nonsense. Just a lot of nonsense with rubbish patches instead. :whistling:

Quoting some post I saw around the interwebs.

Now, this is purely speculation, but they might even wait a while after the first release, just incase major bugs pop up, to try and keep the other releases smoothly, and to see if it ACTUALLY SELLS, or not. I don't know if this is true or not, and I doubt it, but it IS possible.

I'd also suspect, publishers would try and push local release dates a LOT, and not care about releases in other countries so much. (Since they're likely to make the most money in the US)

But then you start to think... The difference between the US and Europe is 3 days, for the release of Mass Effect 3. What purpose would those 3 days serve? Not that it really matters, because I don't really mind waiting those 3 days, but I have yet to find the reasons for these different release times :P

Edited by Yoshh

While I will admit, I am one of the first to be happy to bash EA (and Bioware more recently since they are owned-in-full by EA) due to many of their business practices and its effect on the gaming industry as a whole... the extended wait on releases outside North America isn't really a conspiracy of any kind. It boils down to allowing enough time to make sure physical copies they release can clear customs and get to the physical retailers, while not having to wait nearly as long in the US since many of our retailers have been known to ignore streetdates on many occasions after sitting on stock for more than a week or so. The reason for the disconnect as far as physical retailers vs online purchases (and by extension region locking) is to avoid upsetting those brick-and-mortar stores with an earlier online release in their area, making people less likely to buy a physical copy, and leading to those retailers refusing to bother stocking future products.

You can get a better idea of just what kind of strain physical retailers put on video game releases by digging around a bit, I think there was an interview a year or two ago with one of the heads over at Paradox Interactive explaining just how much stress was removed by switching almost fully to online distribution (with physical copies through Amazon and such), eliminating the need for worrying about physical retailers completely.

You can get a better idea of just what kind of strain physical retailers put on video game releases by digging around a bit, I think there was an interview a year or two ago with one of the heads over at Paradox Interactive explaining just how much stress was removed by switching almost fully to online distribution (with physical copies through Amazon and such), eliminating the need for worrying about physical retailers completely.

Physical retailers are also the reason why digital copies of games sell for the same price as physical copies. Brick and mortar shops threatened not to stock games from publishers who sell games for cheaper online at release, due to the fact that it would harm sales for physical retailers.

Well now I am MAD AS HELL.

I had a message yesterday to say that Amazon had despatched my order. I am an Amazon Prime member so I should get guaranteed next day delivery. This morning I got emails detailing my preorder bonus codes.

Did I get the game? Did I heck!

Amazon had despatched it via those numpties at Royal Mail who have not got their finger out to deliver it.

*Is MAAAAAAAAD*

Well now I am MAD AS HELL.

I had a message yesterday to say that Amazon had despatched my order. I am an Amazon Prime member so I should get guaranteed next day delivery. This morning I got emails detailing my preorder bonus codes.

Did I get the game? Did I heck!

Amazon had despatched it via those numpties at Royal Mail who have not got their finger out to deliver it.

*Is MAAAAAAAAD*

A lot of guys in my country also didn't receive theirs due to the postage service striking again. Luckily I live in one of the better provinces so I got mine at 9AM already.

Still, it could just as well have been me. This is Africa.

I hope you get yours sorted soon, though. I know exactly how much it sucks when everyone is playing something and you're still waiting for yours to arrive.

Edited by Halororor

Well was suppost to be out on the 6 in the stats but got mine on the 7th in the afternoon. But as for why the release date is 3 days later in the UK is do to the Vendors. TB has recieved several emails about this recently and commented in his "mail box" episodes about it. The most plausable answer being that the vendors release typicialy in the UK on friday due to it being pay day where as in the states tuesday is a slow sales day as well as giving the vendor more time to get more sales in as Sales reports are out on Monday thus giving 6 days to sale any new release instead of 3.

But as for ME3 overall the game is good the ending(s) suck big time. No matter what ending you pick their all the same except for a small small difference.